So Many Spirits!

If there's any Yu-Gi-Oh fans here I put up my amv on the top, hopefully it's up there XD But if you don't want to watch it but wanna listen to a good song (at least in my opinion) then fine by me XD 

"What the...Lights?! No wait there...". I gasped. I examined the hallway. I knew I wasn't in my usual dreams because Ayako was staring at me with a concerned but worried look. "Why are there so many?!". 

"Mai, what are you talking about?!". Ayako asked. I snapped out of it. "There's so many spirits here...". I mumbled. "What do you mean? How?". She asked again. "I....Saw them..There all over the walls". Ayako stumbled backwards a bit and looked around. She then grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the infirmary. 

Once we got inside Ayako asked for some bandages and soon the nurse began to wrap my hand and placed an ice pack on it. The nurse looked so dead...Her eyes were in a daze, she looked all bony, and there was no color in her skin which quite frightened me.

Ayako walked me back to base, but then everything got cold. The atmosphere became quite violent in a way. Dark. I felt Ayako's hand shaking around my wrist...."Ayako?". I looked at her and she was staring down at the hallway. I looked back but there was nothing.

I looked closer and then I saw a distorted figure standing there. Then it vanished into thin air. The atmosphere turned normal again and Ayako stopped shaking. "Let's go back". I said. Ayako nodded and we went back to base. 

As we entered the room everyone was pretty much doing whatever so I guess that's good.... I walked up to my bag and went through it. "Ah there you are". I grabbed out a small red velvet box and set it on the couch. I glanced at the end of the room. "Hm...Maybe later..". I said to myself.

I put the little velvet box in my front skirt pocket and walked towards Naru. "Anything?". I asked hesitantly. Naru just shook his head and went back to reading his files. I felt something cold touch my neck and my hair being softly pulled. I touched my neck and looked at my chest. It was my pendant. Lin stood behind me with a serious look.

"Be careful for now on Mai. When you go somewhere, have someone go with you". He whispered into my ear. Then he walked away...

I laughed nervously as I watched Lin go back to his computer. I picked up the pendant and stared at it. "I wonder....What did Lin find...?".

I stood there helplessly looking around the room. "Aw man...I don't really want to asked him.".

"Yo Mai, wanna come and help me for a bit?". Bou-san asked me. "Sure!". I walked out into the hallway with Bou-san.  "So what do you need help with?". I asked.
"Just setting up more equipment and see if we can find anything, that's all". He said as we entered a classroom. 

"Brrr, it's f-f-freezing!". 
I pouted as Bou-san was dancing around in his coat. "Very funny". 
I went up and took the temperature of the room. "-8 degrees!? What the heck!?". 

The door of the classroom slammed shut and locked itself. "B-Bou-san!". I cried out. "Don't worry Mai! I'll protect you!". He said confidently. I nodded and hid behind him. "Ah!". I felt a weird sensation go through my head. "Not again!". I cried out.

"Mai what's wrong!?".

My vision was once again filled with the dim orbs that were floating all around this place. I felt the pain that these spirits were in...But one of them was more tense then all of the rest. The distorted figure was standing at the door. "Jounouchi!?". "He must of summoned these spirits that are roaming all over the place...But how and why?!". I thought.

Jounouchi stared at me with his cold dead eyes, then a shriek boomed throughout the room. It sounded like if someone was scratching at the glass with something, but more high pitched. 

Bou-san bolted in front of me and chanted something and the painful noised stopped. The spirits vanished from my sight and I fell to my knees. I gasped for air, but something was choking me. I turned around and Jounouchi was there. Bou-san pulled out a beaded rope like thing and held it out in my direction. Bou-san shouted something and the choking stopped.

I coughed up some film and slowly got up. "Mai are you alright?!". Bou-san asked worryingly. I nodded. "The spirits...Jounouchi was the one who summoned them all here!". I panicked.

"Wait what? How do you know?!". Bou-san questioned. 

"I SAW IT JUST NOW!". I shouted angrily. Bou-san's eyes widened in shock and stood there. "S-sorry". I mumbled. "I didn't mean to yell".

"It's alright. I'll let Naru know that this room will be off limits for now...". Then Bou-san grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room. We went back to base and Bou-san sat me down in a chair and began to walk back and forth thinking. 

"What happened?". Naru asked. "Mai". Bou-san told him. 
"Mai? What about her?". Naru asked a bit sharply. "Care to explain?". Bou-san asked me. 

I sighed. "While we were in the classroom...It was frigid cold in there. -8 degrees in matter of fact. All of the sudden the door slammed shut and it was locked. But while all of that was happening, I saw them again. All of those spirits who were in pain. Jounouchi was there, he was the one who summoned all of them! I just don't know how but he did. He wants revenge for what happened to him, so he could've took it upon himself to find spirits who wander and use them for his bidding!".

Naru didn't say anything and turned towards the monitors. "Hmph. Well Mai, your little thing you said could possibly be true. But the main question is how..". Naru said coldly.
"That necklace of yours, keep it safe with you. It's helping us quite a lot, though it's harming you. I can tell your very tired".

"I'm fine!".

"Yeah, until you fall asleep randomly somewhere". Naru sighed. I stuck my tongue out and looked away. "The pain those spirits felt...To me it felt like someone was stabbing my chest and like a cloak of darkness was covering me...". I muttered.

If Jounouchi really wants revenge....Then we must stop him before any students get harmed. This must have been his first time doing this, so he can become more violent soon...And we must save these spirits that are trapped here...

Before it's to late....