Going To A Ball And Meeting A Weird Guy.. ._.

"Well, look who it is...Finally came out of your little bat cave I see". Naru snickered. 

"Ha ha, very funny". I muttered. "So..Uh...What's with the papers and the bag-". Naru placed the bag on my head and walked away. "Uh..".

"Thanks for your help Monk, we'll be taking it from here". Naru said in his usual tone... "Naru! Come on! I finally got her back up and cheerful!". "Go home.". Naru said dead cold. "Eh! Y-yes sir!". "Bye Mai!". Bou-san jumped up and ran out of the house.

I stared blankly at the door, and then the bag. I grabbed the bag off my head and stared at Naru and Lin. "What's this?". I asked.

"Open it..".

"Ehh...". I hesitantly opened the bag and saw a box inside. "Lin picked it out, we're going to an event tomorrow night, so you'll need to wear that". Naru said in his low tone. "Naru!? You never go to special events, or anything besides cases!". I shouted. "I'm forced into this one Mai". He said.

I groaned and stormed up back to my "bat cave".

"Ughhh..Naru, I swear i'm going to kill you". I gritted my teeth as I stared at the bag. "He was even smiling!". I kept staring at the bag with irritation. I groaned and threw the bag across the room and I then tossed myself on the bed. 

"I'm to mad to go to sleep...Or do anything...".

(NEXT DAY)

"Ugh...I didn't go to bed..". 

I got up and grabbed my phone off the charger and checked the time. "Eh..It's 9:00 AM..." *Yawns* "I'll just go and rest up a bit more..".

I put my phone back on the charger and fell asleep.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah!". I looked out the window and it was already sunset. "WHAT TIME IS IT?!". I shouted worryingly, bolting out of bed. "7:35?! CRAP I ONLY HAVE SO LITTLE TIME!".

"Mai? What in the hell are you yelling about?". Naru said coldly.

"GAH I OVERSLEPT THAT'S WHAT I'M YELLING ABOUT!". Naru sighed and rolled his eyes. "You get ready over there. So just get into some decent clothes so we can leave...". 

I slapped my face and sighed. Naru left my room and closed the door quietly. "I'll kill him someday...". I muttered angrily. I ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower. Once I was done, I bolted out of the bathroom and went to my room, slamming my door. I got dressed. I had a white blouse and a black denim skirt. I was wearing my old black flats as well. I brushed my hair and then I took out all the stuff I needed for the event like accessories that went with the outfit and tossed it in the bag. I ran downstairs and quickly ran out to the van.

"Took you long enough". Naru said coldly. "Oh you be quiet". I hissed. Naru rolled his eyes and began to read as we drove off. I sat in the car angrily as I stared at the window. 

Eventually we got to the place or whatever. I got out of the car and I followed Naru and Lin to the entrance. A guy with a really expensive looking suit was standing handing out masks.

"Welcome. May I ask your name please?". The man said. "Kazuya Shibuya. These are my assistants, Lin Koujo and Mai Taniyama..". Naru said. The man nodded and handed the three of us a mask and we walked inside. I sighed as I entered the building. 

So many people were here it was kind of scary...All ghost hunters, paranormal researchers, shrine maidens, you know that kind of genre of people were here...

Then I heard something. It sounded like someone taking something and banging against a glass cup or whatever. It brought everyone's attention. We we all stared at the end of the room which a stage was there. A man with longish blonde hair and a silk white tux was standing there smiling.

"We will now begin the party...So everyone please go and get changed. And don't be fussy!". The man said with a rich like tone. I lowered my head and followed everyone to the changing room...

Finally...I managed to get into a changing booth. I grabbed out the dress and put it on. The dress was a short party, though elegant dress. It was probably 2 inches or so above my knee. Then there was a vest cape thing. I put on the vest and then I unrolled the cape part of the dress. The cape ended right at my feet and it was kinda squeezing my stomach.o(╥﹏╥)o . I removed the tag and tossed it back in the bag. I put on the black heels and then I slid these ruffled up cuff things on my wrists which was covering my hands. I walked out and went to the mirror. I grabbed out my bag and lightly put on...*Sighs* black eyeshadow on the top of my eyelids and then I carefully put on some lipgloss....

I took a piece of my hair and started to braid it. I did the same for the other side. Then I took the two pieces and wrap the end of the braids with a rubber band. I took the black rose and pinned it to the back of my head. I examined myself over...Then I notice the chest part of my dress..."It's...exposing a bit to much!" I shouted angrily. "Lin.....". I smashed the mask on my face and stormed out of the room.

I dragged my feet to a table and sat there. 

"Aw man...I can't see Naru...". I said to myself. "Why hello there miss...". A voice said.

"Hmm..?". I looked up and the guy who was on the stage was in front of me. "Uh..".

"Why is a pretty face like you sitting here all alone?". He asked. "I just don't like big events...". I told him coldly. "Ah..So your an acquaintance with someone?". He asked softly. I nodded. "With who?".

"Can't say". I muttered. "Listen i'm gonna go...". I got up and began to walk up, but then I felt something tug my arm. I turned around and the guy was holding my wrist.

"Please let go". I hissed. The man ignored me. I rolled my eyes and slapped his hand away and then I ran. "That's it. Whenever I find Naru i'm going to freaking kill him!". I looked around but I couldn't find Naru or Lin.

"Huh? Wah!". I felt something grab my wrist and began to pull me down a hallway. When my eyes were uncovered I was on a bed....I noticed the man was standing at the end of the room grinning.

*What the hell is going on?! What's with this guy.....*