Protect Emily.

There's a group of men over there...Wait why is the mother with them? I hear crying..But why? I turned around and the forest was in front of me. "Emily! Get away from there!". I tried to speak but nothing came out. I was voiceless. Crimson liquid splashed everywhere. I fell to my knees, screaming. "EMILY!!!". I looked behind her and there was the mother. Laughing. A dark shadow appeared above her. "WAH!". My back felt like it was getting ripped apart. My whole body stung so terribly...The mother came back laughing again. She was with the group of men, but something about them was odd. Not in a bad way though, it was like they were forced to do something so wrong...

I bolted up, panting. "It was just a dream...". I mumbled.

"Mai, are you alright?". I heard a voice question.

I looked up and saw Naru sitting on the armchair reading his book. "Uh..Yeah..Hey where's Emily?". I asked. "Emily...Last time I saw her was when we was walking into her room." Naru said.

"Thanks!". I bolted up and headed to her room.

"Emily?!". I swung her door open, but she wasn't there. I ran all over the house but she was gone. As I was walking back to the living room I heard crying. I opened the door the where crying was coming from and saw her mother crying. She noticed me and she told me to come in.

"My baby! She's missing!". She cried.

"Do you know where you saw her last?". I asked worryingly. "I saw her in the living room with you!".

I ran out and grabbed my jacket. "Where are you going?". Naru asked. "Emily is missing!". I shouted angrily.

Naru bolted up and left the room. I shook my head and ran outside. The snow was still coming down hard. "Please let that just be a dream! Please! Please! Please!".

"No way...". "EMILY!".

I ran towards her and she had a cut on her stomach. I slipped off my jacket and put it around her wound. "Emily can you hear me? Are you alright?". I asked, shaking her. She woke up and nodded.

..............

.....................................

"Nngh!". "What the?". I felt something sharp go across my back multiple times. I stood up and turned around. "Mai..Your back!". Emily shouted. "Who's there!?". "Agh!". I looked down and I saw my chest exposed. Blood pouring down.

(I don't feel any spirits here...)

"Eek!". I heard Emily cry.

I turned around and someone was charging at her. I duck down and placed my body on top of her, shielding her from the person. I felt the sharpness of a knife glide on my arms and back. I screamed in pain. 

"Mai stop!". Emily cried.

I shook my head and smiled. "I don't care what happens to me Emily. I'm not letting them hurt you.". Emily started to cry. "Someone paid them to do this". She said. "What do you mean?".

"These people are nice, but if you pay them to do something, they will do it".

I screamed again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(End of Mai's POV)

"That's Mai!". Bou-san called out.

"Lin come with me". Naru said coldly.

Lin nodded. They both ran into the woods, searching for Mai. 

Tears were falling down Mai's face, she couldn't deal with the pain anymore, but she couldn't abandoned Emily. "She's over there!". Naru shouted in the distance. Once Naru and Lin got to Mai and Emily, they were shocked. Also anger rose.

Naru walked up to Mai and Emily but Lin held him back. "I'll get them, someone is here". Lin told Naru coldly. Naru nodded. Right when Lin got to them, he held his arm out and grabbed onto something or someone.

"Oi! How did you stop meh?" The voice questioned furiously. Lin ignored him and threw the man to the ground. "Were you the one who hurt these two girls?". Lin asked. The man started to get scared. The man crawled backwards but Lin stopped him. "Answer me". Lin said again.

The man slowly nodded, then Lin kicked the man in the stomach. "Touch them again..". He said seriously.

Naru picked up Mai, and Lin picked up Emily. When Mai realized she was in Naru's arms, she blushed a bit. Though she panicked and put her arms on her chest, trying to cover up the rip.

"Are you okay?". Naru asked. Mai nodded. "Let's go get some bandages for the both of you". Lin said.