Case 2: The Puppeteer

Finally a week went by and now i'm home....though I have to stay in bed with the stupid needles and oxygen mask on me....UGH

I try my best to ignore it but laying in bed for now 4 weeks is really annoying. Naru still visits me when he gets the chance and we just talk. Soon enough i'll be up and ready to go back to SPR!     

I walked down the sidewalk and through the park to get to my one and only job SPR.... Finally i'm free from being under "Meds R US". I walked in and slowly and quietly closed the door behind me. I walked up the stairs and walk to Naru's office.

I knocked on the door. 

"Come in!" A voice shouted.

I slowly opened the door..."Hello..." I mumbled. 

"Mai!" Naru said in shock. 

"I'm free! I guess...."

"MAI!!!!!!!!" A voice yelled and then I felt like someone was squeezing the living out of me. "Bou-san get off of me!!! You're gonna kill me!!" I shouted. *Gasps for air*. "Sorry" he chuckled.  Ayako, John, and Masako were just staring at me and Bou-san.

*Clears throat*

"Anyways we have a client today so be on your best behavior children" Naru chuckled.

"I-I'll....go make tea!" I cheerfully said. Then I walked out of the room and headed to the kitchen. I put the tea kettle on the stove and poured water into it. I turned on the stove and let the water boil. I sat down on the chair and started to drift asleep.

"A house?" I started to walk into this hallway and then entered a room. There was a figure staring at me with its cold dead eyes. 

"Lets pull some strings" The figure chuckled. 

I tried to run but my body wouldn't let me and then I felt my wrists and ankles lose circulation. And then blood was everywhere....

I shot right up right up from the chair. "Oh no the water!" I quickly ran to the stove and turned it off. I poured the water into two cups and then added the tea powder. I waited till the water turned brown and I added a little bit of sugar and put the cups on the tray and went to Naru.

I opened the door and placed the tray on the desk and then a man entered the room with a little girl. The man sat down and placed the little girl on his lap.

This energy from them....it doesn't feel right.... I'm guessing Masako felt the same way. Both of us bolted out of the room and Ayako followed.

"What's wrong?" Ayako asked. 

Masako and I stared at each other and then back to Ayako. "Negative energy well aura is surrounding those two..." Masako mumbled. "I'm guessing you felt that to right Mai?". I nodded and sat on the floor. "Can I tell you guys something?" I asked quietly.

"What is it?" Ayako answered with concern. 

"I had those dreams....I don't know, it was kind of horrifying" I mumbled.

"Can you explain what happened?" Masako asked calmly.

I nodded and then explained what happened.

"Well we will keep that in mind for now Mai" Ayako said. I nodded and we all sat there until the man and daughter left. We walked back in and Naru gave us a look. I chuckled nervously and sat down. 

"You can all go if you want but meet me here at 7 AM, no later or you will be left out understand?" Naru explain furiously.  Everyone nodded and we all left. I walked back to my house. But I didn't feel like going so I sat on the edge of the fountain that they just putted in and stared at the water.

I looked up at the sky and smiled. "I can see why I never die..." I mumbled and a tear went down my cheek. I got up from my spot and started to head back home.

"Hey hey look who it is the forgotten Mai" A voice chuckled. I turned around and 3 boys were walking towards me. "What do you guys want?" I asked with my nice little attitude. "We're just here to put you in your place" The middle one smirked. 

"We envy you....you can leave school whenever you please" The one on the right said flatly. "So say goodbye miss" The left one said and they charged at me. I tried to block their "attack" but I was soon on the ground and I cut myself on a rock.

(Yay sharp rocks when you need them)

They walked towards me and started to punch me. 

"STOP!" I yelled. Soon enough they flew back on there little tooshies.

"What the hell?" The middle one said. 

"What happened" I mumbled. I placed my hand on my arm to put pressure on the wound. I saw Monk (Bou-san) running towards me. "Mai you alright?!" He asked. "How? What?" I kept mumbling to myself.

"Your arm!" he said in shock. He noticed the boys across from me and charged at them.

"IF YOU HURT HER AGAIN THEN YOU WON'T BE SEEING DAYLIGHT GOT IT! DON'T HURT MY LITTLE SISTER AGAIN!" He yelled. The boys stuttered and then quickly ran away.

"Little sister?" I asked. He held out his hand and I grabbed it. "Let's get you home and dress that wound" He chuckled. I nodded and then we walked home.