Meeting the Puppeteer

Masako and Mai woke up feeling quite dizzy. They were in the same bedroom but in different beds. Ayako was sitting in a chair staring at them.

"You two okay?" 

Masako and I nodded.

"Sorry if we made you guys worry" I apologized.

"Don't worry about it....we knew from the start that it was because of the house" Ayako explained. "We actually got quick readings after you two knocked out."

"Really like what?" Masako asked.

"Things were moving, we heard screaming coming from the hallways, and the temperatures dropped pretty quickly in some rooms". Ayako explained. "Do you want to head back to base? Or do you want to rest more?" she asked.

We both shook our heads and we soon followed Ayako back to base. We walked in the dark hallway as we listened to the floor creek beneath our feet. I heard tapping noise behind me so I turned around, nothing was there so I kept walking. 

"What the?" Ayako questioned as she immediately stopped. "What is it?" I asked as I walked up. I placed my hand in front of me to signal them "Come on lets get out of there" but then I felt something run down my hand...then my hand started to sting like razor blades were piercing my skin.

I cursed in pain and looked up to see "strings" going across the hallway. 

"Mai are you okay?!" Masako asked worryingly.

I nodded. "Just cut my hand...i'll be fine" I grunted.

The base was just ahead....."Ayako can you call out Naru? Or someone at least? Please!" I pleaded.

She nodded. "Naru!" She yelled.

Soon enough he came bolting out of the room.

"Wait!" Masako shouted.

Naru started to slow down and came to stop, he started to analyze what was in front of him.

"Don't touch it!" I shouted. Then he looked at me then to my hand. He soon concluded the reason why not to touch it. "What the hell-" he mumbled in frustration. Soon enough Lin came out and to saw the "strings" and my hand.

"I see..." Lin muttered quietly.

Then the hallway became foggy like and everything turned dark. I tried to stay quiet but the wound started to hurt worse so I started to put my other hand onto the damaged one to keep pressure so I wouldn't bleed to death. 

(Hopefully you don't, Mai you usually get into stupid things like this)

I heard footsteps slowly stomping down the hall towards me. I inched closer to Ayako who I can barely see but with her red hair it's easy.

"Its coming" Masako muttered in fear.

"I-I know whatever happens hopefully try to remain calm" I said calmly. I could tell she was scolding at me....

The stomping stopped dead right in front of us. We all heard a deep laughing like noise. Then a dark slim like figure appeared. 

"Lets pull some strings" It chuckled evilly.

Then a whistle like noise appeared and it got really windy. Soon enough the deadly strings disappeared and the ghost thing vanished.

"Let's go!" Lin yelled. "I won't be able to hold on for long!".

We nodded and then Ayako grabbed my arm and pulled me with them. Finally we were safe....

"Here come with me i'll help you with your hand problem" Ayako gestured as she pulled me towards the end of the room. Soon she grabbed out a med kit and cleaned up the cuts but then she paused as she was about to put the alcohol stuff on it.

"What is it?" I asked. "Your hand..." she mumbled. Then she pulled my hand closer to her face. "Crap! I better keep an eye on that thing on a daily basis.....great" She muttered in frustration and anger. "Sorry" I pouted.

"It's not your fault" She sighed. Then without realization she put the alcohol on my cuts which made me yelp in pain. 

"Don't move" She demanded coldly.

"Sorry, it hurts!" I pouted and jerked my head away.

"Alright done" she said and got up.

"Thanks...." 

She nodded and started to grab her makeup bag. 

"Oh no my nails! There ruined!"...."And my makeup is smudged....and this frizzy hair!"....."I can't work like this!" Ayako whined and started to mess with herself. 

"Like if you even work at all" Bou-san sighed.

"What did you just SAY!" Ayako roared with anger.

"Oh nothing" Bou-san smirked. 

"Rest Mai" Naru said in my ear...

"Eek! You scared me!" I shouted. 

"Just go rest on the couch and Mai..."

"What?"

"You better make me a load of tea tomorrow" He smirked and walked away. 

Gr...

I walked towards the couch and sat there thinking...I can't just rest on the spot like that...Besides I think I slept enough for today and I barely done anything....I noticed Naru scolding at me and giving me a really cold look.

I tried to ignore it the best I could but I decided to fall into slumber and awake in my horrifying "reality".