A happy ending

Walking along the beach, hand in hand with an amazing guy, I watch the sun as it slowly sets. It is so magical, just like something taken straight out of a romance novel. How has my life suddenly got so perfect? I mean I'm just an average girl, nothing special, but I'm at the beach on my first date, like every girl wants. But how did I get here?

Well, when Johnathan told me he wanted to get to know me, we spoke on facebook for two hours, just talking about ourselves. Everything came so easily. There were no awkward questions and I felt like I could tell him anything.

After that he suggested we meet up again sometime so I arranged a trip into town with everyone and we chatted loads then as well. Don't get me wrong, we were talking to everyone else as well but we were drifting slowly back until at the end of the day we were behind everyone. Ella kept turning around and giving me those looks. You know the ones, where you're kinda smiling and wiggling your eyebrows.

So then for the next two weeks we were chatting on facebook every night and meeting up with our friends whenever we could but then before I knew it he asked me out!

It was so romantic, he had hung back so that the others could go on and he'd asked me to walk with him. Then he said he had something he wanted to show me and he took me to the park. There was a bonfire in the park so we went and stood by it, our faces illuminated by the firelight. He turned to face me and said, "Lauren, I've spent a lot of time with you recently and I have some things I want to tell you."

He took a deep breath and continued, "When I first met you, I thought you were the prettiest girl I had ever seen. I fell for you instantly. Then we started talking on facebook loads and meeting up and when I spoke to you I saw that you not only were gorgeous but you had a beautiful soul as well and an amazing personality. I have had strong feelings for you ever since we met and I was wondering... will you be my girlfriend?"

I stood there in shock, not replying until he nudged me, "Uh.. Lauren?" 

"Yes Johnathan! I would love to be your girlfriend!" I squealed.

He smiled and said, "Well in that case I have a little something for you."

He reached into his pocket and brought out a necklace. He placed it around my neck and did up the clasp. I looked at it. It was a dolphin with sapphires on. It was gorgeous!

He shyly spoke, "You see, I remember you saying that dolphins were your favourite animals and the blue in the sapphires matches the colour of your eyes."

"Thank you! It's beautiful!" I exclaimed.

So that's how I'm here now. With Johnathan on a lovely, romantic first date. I'm so happy, everything has turned out perfectly.

*********************************************************************************************************

THE END! :'(

So that's the last chapter, and everything turned out well in the end. I'd like to thank everyone who has supported me throughout this story. I probably won't do a sequel but please comment and vote. If you do want a sequel then comment what you want it about.