Shattered dreams

"What a disaster!" I think to myself as I run down the lane to my house. How could everything have gone so horribly wrong! Especially since it was all going so well at the beginning... we had walked down to the beach, just chatting, not about anything in particular and then we decided where we were going to sit. We put our stuff down , laid out the picnic rug and then we'd gone in the sea. We didn't really do much in the sea... not really. All we were doing was chatting whilst floating around... nothing more. And then, after about thirty minutes, maybe longer, we were cold so we got out. And it was going great. Everything was so carefree and Alex seemed to have temporarily forgotten about Megan. But then it all went wrong... I started being a bit too flirty.

Alex suggested that we have our picnic but I, being the stupid person I am, had to go and say, "Oh no, I couldn't possibly eat yet... I need to put some suncream on... I don't want to burn... will you put some on my back for me?" and suprisingly (note the sarcasm) Alex didn't want to. He said it seemed a bit innapropiate and suggested that I put a t-shirt on instead.

Everything would have been fine, if only I'd left it there. I put a t-shirt on and we got out all the picnic food. We started eating whilst facing the sea, watching the waves crash against the sand. The sun started to set and without thinking I reached out for Alex's hand.

As soon as I touched it, he jumped up and said, "What do you think you're doing Lauren?"

Silence. I couldn't reply. What would I tell him? That the whole afternoon was just an excuse to go on a sort-of date with him?

"Oh I get it! How could I have been so stupid? You only invited me to the beach because you have a crush on me? This afternoon wasn't to help me forget about Megan was it? Do you know what Lauren? For weeks now I've considered breaking up with Megan to ask you out. Because I believed that you were a nicer, kinder, better girl than her. But really Lauren, you're a selfish, manipulative cow. You're a thousand times worse than Megan. At least she never pretended to be my friend to get what she wanted out of me! I can't believe that you would do this. Oh and you can forget ever going out with me... I wouldn't want to be seen dead with a girl like you!" he concluded in a whisper.

And that's how I found myself here now, running home crying. I'm a stupid idiot. I've ruined everything.

**************************************************************************************************

Hello all you amazing readers! Thank you for voting and commenting! Please continue vommenting as each chapter seems to be getting less and less comments :'(

This chapter is dedicated to Raawatt who have a great magazine here on wattpad! PLease check it out!