Just act normal......

Recap

I took out my mobile and looked at the text. It was from Alex. It said "Hey Lauren! Are you okay? You acted really weirdly last night... o.O" 

Chapter 4

What am I meant to reply to that? If I say I am okay he won't believe me or he'll want to know why I acted strangely and if I say I'm not okay he'll want to know why! What should I put???? Maybe I should wait until I get to school and I can find Amy and ask her what she thinks... or maybe I should pretend my battery died... Yeah! I'll do that!  Problem solved I happily carry on walking to school. 

Two minutes later I arrive at school and go to find my friends. As usual they are all sitting in the cafeteria, chatting and laughing. 

"Hey guys!" I say as I sit down next to them.

"Hi Lauren!" Ella calls across to me, "You okay?"

Uh-oh... how does she know somethings not right?????? "Um... yeah I'm... I'm fine...why?" I stammer back.

She looks at me as if to say 'somethings not right and I know it'. To stop her saying something in front of Megan I quickly mouth to her "later" and she nods in agreement. Thankfully Megan is busy talking to Ruth whilst texting Alex so she missed our exchange.

"So Lauren, you looking forward to basketball today?" Ella asks whilst giving me a wink.

"Oh yeah I can't wait to fall over like last week..." I sarcastically reply.

Amy cuts in, "Oh yeah that was so funny last week! Seriously what did you fall over? Because there was nothing there!"

I blush, looking down at my feet. "Well.. um, I did fall over nothing... I just suddenly fell backwards..."

Everyone bursts out laughing and Megan and Ruth turn to look at us. 

"Oh hey Lauren! When did you get here?" Megan asks, "And whats so funny?"

Ella answers her, "She's been here like, five minutes... were you too busy texting lover boy to notice her?"

Megan sticks her tounge out at Ella and Amy takes over the story. "Yeah she's been here for like five minutes but we were actually laughing about how Lauren mangaed to trip over the air in basketball last week."

"Oh right... yeah that was funny." Megan answers whilst cracking up laughing.

"Lauren are you coming up to our lockers yet?" Ella asks whilst giving me a look to tell me that she wants to know everything that has happened.

But I don't know, should I go with her now or wait until breaktime to tell her? I guess I'll just go get it over with.

"Yeah, sure" I said whilst standing up and grabbing my bag.

When we were far enough from the others so that they wouldn't hear Ella asks, "So spill the beans. What's up?"

How can I explain this? I just don't know what to tell her.  "Well... I guess... it's just that last night I finally realised something..."

Ella waits patiently, wanting to hear more. "I realised that... that... well... I like...." I trail off.

"What?!?! What do you like???" Ella bursts out, "Sorry I'm trying to be patient but I really want to know!"

I try again. "I... I.... ilikealex" I finally managed to get it out but I don't know if she'll understand what I said because I rushed the last bit so it sounded like one word.Hopefully she did understand because I don't want to have to say it again.

"Um... I know. You always talk to him. I know you like him. Why else would you be friends with him?"

Oh... she thinks I mean that I like him as a friend... isn't it obvious what I mean though? Surely she should understand.

I have another attempt at getting her to understand, "No... not just as a friend... I like him more than that..."

Her mouth suddenly changes into an "oh". "Wait, wait, wait! You, have a crush on Alex... Megan's boyfriend?" She asked.

"Um... yeah." "You have a freakin' crush on Alex!" she shouted, "Are you an idiot???? You do know what Megan will be like when she finds out, right?"

I hear a voice coming from behind us. "When I find out what????" 

We spin around. Standing behind us, with a suspicious look on her face, is Megan.

A/N- So what did you think of it? Any tips on how it could be improved? Please let me know in the comments and please vote if you like it!

And let me know what you think they are going to tell Mignon and if you get it right (or close) I'll dedicate the next chapter to you! 'Kay so thanks for reading and I love you all xxxxxxxxxxxx au reviour! :P

Oh and this chapter is dedicated to Secretlyirish who came up with the amazing cover for this :)