Unexpected results

I answer the phone, "Hi Alex..?" I say hesitantly.

"Hey."

Silence. What does he want? Why isn't he saying anything?

"Alex? Are you still there?" I ask.

"Yeah... I'm here. Are you free to talk?" he replies.

Ooh! He must be about to ask me out! A grin spreads across my face and I quickly reply, "Yeah, I'm free! What do you want to talk about?"

He hesitates, "Well... I... I..."

Aaaahhhhhh! He is about to tell me that he likes me!

"Well... I'm sure you've heard about me and Megan..."

Yes! This is it! It's time! "Yeah... I'm sorry to hear about that..."

He starts mumbling.

"Alex I can't understand you. What are you saying?"

"I can't take it anymore! I need to talk to someone! I... I love Megan! And I don't know what to do now that she... now that... now that we have b...broken up."

What! This is not what I wanted to happen! Alex is meant to be asking me out! Not telling me how he loves Megan!

I try to comfort him but inside I slowly die.

***********************************************************************************************************

Sorry for the late upload! I've been on holiday and didn't have computer access but I have uploaded now! :) Its only a short chapter but its a pretty important one. Poor Lauren! Please let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments below and if you liked the chapter please vote. If you've read this far thank you!