Fun in the sea...

Oh look, they've finished playing rounders now... I wander over to them and say, "So what shall we do now?"

Amy recommends going in the sea. We all agree and slowly make our way down to the sea. Gabrielle, Amy and Alex go in straight away, but the rest of us hang back at the edge, dipping our toes in. It's freezing! How are they able to cope with it?

They start calling to us, telling us that we are just being chickens and to get in. I grudgingly agree and go in... but only up to my knees. Its so cold! I physically cannot understand how they are enjoying this! Amy, Gabrielle and Alex start whispering amongst themselves... uh-oh, this can't be good.

Amy and Gabrielle run over to where everyone else is standing at the edge and drag them in! Haha that's so funny! But... where's Alex? I look around and notice him standing next to me. Before I can blink he starts splashing me!!!

"Aaahhhhhh!" I scream, "That's freezing! I'm gonna get you Alex!"

I chase after him, trying to splash him in revenge, but he keeps getting away from me. The others are also having a water fight but in the shallower end. I finally get close enough to him to splash him when suddenly I hear a voice calling him.

"Hi Alex!" Megan calls and Alex runs out, dripping wet, to go see her.

I watch him go sadly. Well, I guess I should have expected that. I look around, noticing Amy and Gabrielle giving me sympathetic looks. The others though, they are all oblivious to what's just happened and are continuing their waterfight... all but one actually... Ruth's watching me with a confused look on her face. Hopefully she's not too suspicious. Oh no... she's making her way over here... probably to question me on it!

"Lauren, what's going on between you and Alex?" she demands.

Yup... she's gonna question me on it. But can I tell her the truth? What if she tells Megan? I decide to tell her... at least part of the truth anyway.

"Nothing's going on." I reply, "I wish something was happening but it's not."

Her eyes narrow as she tries to understand what I have just said.

"What do you mean Lauren?"

Oh gosh... it's time to tell her. She's too smart, she would guess eventually. I might as well tell her now.

"Nothing's going on between us. I really like him, like really, really like him... but no nothing's happening. He's dating Megan anyway."

I can't believe I've just told her! What am I gonna do if she tells Megan? Megan will hate me! Ooh, she's looking surprised... but not angry. That's good. I wonder what she's thinking?

"Really Lauren? That's it?"

I nod.

"Wow. I wasn't expecting that." She mutters to herself.

I smile at her worridely...

"Look Lauren, me and you need a sleepover. We need to discuss this. Next Friday, my house?" she asks.

"Okay..." I whisper, all my energy suddenly drained.

"Oh and Lauren...?"

"Yeah...?" I reply, hoping it wouldn't be anything too bad.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about this." 

Thank goodness for that! I was dreading everyone finding out... at least she won't tell anyone...

**********************************************************************************************************

So that's the end of chapter 7! Did you like it? Please comment and/or vote (hopefully both!) and I will try to post chapter 8 tomorrow.

It's gonna be difficult to post long chapters every day though as I'm back at school for the next 5 weeks then I have 2 weeks work experience, but I'll try. It would make me more motivated to upload sooner though, if I had lots of nice comments telling me what you thought of it (hint hint). 

Oh and thank you so much! This story is #749 on the What's Hot list! :) This is great and can we please try to keep commenting and voting so that it can move even higher. Okay that's it, bye! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. If you want me to read your story please comment on my story (and not just "I like it. It's good"... actual helpful comments/comments saying what you want to happen/favourite bit of the chapter) and then (and only then!) ask me to read it. Any comments asking me to read your story without commenting on mine will be reported and I won't read your story.