Chapter 45

Jennifer's P.O.V:

My only moves were following Tyler and tracking him down. Derek may have taken away the only job I was good at but he didn't take away my skills. I've been training and learning for 5 years now. I don't need him or the rest of the agents to finish this mission. The only problem though was my dad. It was hard for me to do this with him always around. He's on a break from his business so he's been staying at home a lot lately. Plus he's been questioning me a lot, he's starting to suspect something.

"We should do something tonight" he said to me. Tonight I had to get information from Tyler what was I supposed to tell him? Oh I can't do anything tonight I'm too busy hunting down one of the biggest criminal.

"Uh...why tonight? I think I'm pretty busy dad" I said to him keeping a straight face.

"Busy with what?" I wish he would stop asking so much questions it's too early in the morning for this.

"You know..stuff that I do all the time"
"I just want to spend some time with my daughter for once" he cupped my face.

"Oh so now you want to give me some attention? Why now? Because you're on break that's why?" I said angrily. I just hated when he pretends to care for me. He only cares about his stupid money and precious business.

"Hey you do not talk to your father like that! I didn't raise you to talk to me like that" his voice echoed the house.

"You didn't raise me at all, mom was the one who was always there when you were gone night after night so don't you fucking dare say you raised me" I spat back.

"This business is what brought us everything we have right now Jennifer I work my ass off, without it we won't be this rich!" There he goes again with his money.

"Maybe I don't care about the expensive cars, clothing, or mansions I just want things to go back to the way it was dad" he was silent.

"I've raised such an ungrateful daughter" he mumbled to himself but I heard it loud and clear.

"Well that's what happens when you have an asshole as a head, a rich snobby asshole" I yelled. His head shot up.

"Would anyone want a freshly made toast?" The butler came in the living room interrupting our argument. He awkwardly stared at us. "I think now isn't the right time to have toast" he quickly left the living room.

"I'm disappointed in you, you never acted like this towards me, I guess this city really changed you" he crossed his arms.

"I didn't change dad, this is the real me. You wouldn't know that because you're never around" I didn't have time to continue this ridiculous argument with him. I grabbed my jacket and keys.

"Where do you think you're going?" He said to me while I was making my way to the door. I didn't answer him, I opened the door.

"Don't you dare walk away from me Jennifer" he yelled.

I rolled my eyes, "Go fuck yourself dad" I slammed the door behind me. I know I just got myself into a whole lot of trouble, he's probably gonna ground me for life or give me a long ass lecture but I honestly don't give a fuck. I'm done with his shit completely, he can give me whatever punishment he wants.

I pulled up to the headquarters. I made sure my car was distance away from the entrance gate. My plan was to get inside Tyler's headquarters to find any information or evidence of what he was trying to plan and see what this special project of his was. I made sure to bring a gun and taser for protection. I also brought a wig for disguise, the first number one rule in going undercover was not making yourself visible or recognizable.