Chapter 28

"I don't want to talk about it Jason" I dug into my pockets trying to find the keys to the house. Ever since we left the police station Jason been ranting and yelling at me about not telling him what happened in the parking lot when Nick killed Josh. I feel bad because that was his cousin but I had no choice but to keep quiet.

"I can't believe you kept this from me" he kept yelling in my ear. I rolled my eyes. I finally found the keys, I opened the door and made my way upstairs.

"Bitch listen to me when I'm talking to you!" he shouted. This boy did not just say that to me.

"What did you call me?" I stepped closer to him making sure I heard him correctly.

"Why didn't you tell me about that incident, he killed my cousin and you knew all along why?"

"Because I was trying to protect myself and your dumbass Jason!" I yelled. "If I told, he would've came after me, you and mom"

"How do you know he's not going to come after you now since you confessed" he said. Damn I didn't even think about that. I mean there wasn't exactly clear evidence of him killing Josh so he won't entirely go to jail right away. They could still be questioning him. There is a possible way he can get a lawyer to prevent himself from going to jail. And when he's actually found not guilty, he could still come after me and kill me. Fuck I'm screwed.

"Fuck we're dead then" I said.

"What do you mean we?" He tilted his head.

"You're in this too, and let's not forget you did punch him multiple of times he's definitely going to come after you"

"I'm not scared of him" Jason shrugged him off. Little did he know, Nick has a whole group of his own people that work for him.

"Its not only him Jason...Tyler too" his name still made my whole body shiver. I knew Tyler wanted something to do with me but what? It's not like I did something to that boy so why was he after me? But yet again Tyler is known for being dangerous and ignorant, he must be after a lot of people.

"Wait so Nick is part of Tyler's gang?" Jason tilted his head.

"He was at first, Nick took me to this secret place after I saw him kill your cousin, and Tyler was there. They were talking about money and deals I don't know" this made no sense to me. If Tyler and Nick were working together before then why did Tyler chase Nick and I that night we were at the park. Wait Nick did mention something about taking Tyler's money and not wanting to give it back to him. Why was this money so important. I groaned with frustration. Just thinking made my head hurt.

"Wait a minute when Tyler and I used to be close friends he would always talk about this big plan or project he wanted to presue but he never had enough money for it" Jason said. "So what if Tyler did finally get the money he needed for this project but Nick took the money away from him"

I could see where he was going with this. "This one night when we had that stupid argument I was at the park and Nick was there, Tyler and his group of friends chased us down" I added. Jason took a second to think. I could see a light bulb flash on top of his head.

"Nick isn't working with Tyler, he's trying to stop him from continuing on this project thing" he said.

"What project?" Why was this project so important to both of them and how the fuck does Jason know so much about this. I feel clueless.

"I don't know he never briefly told anyone what it was but it must be important to him"

"So why does Nick care about Tyler's project" I asked. Jason shrugged.