Chapter 9

The alarm from my phone interrupted my slumber. My eyes were heavy. My body was soar and my head was killing me. My memory was a complete blur. I couldn't remember anything. I couldn't remember last night or how I even got home. The last thing I remember was getting a ride from Nick then the rest of my memory faded away. How did I even get on this couch. I'm assuming either Nick or Jason brought me home. Speaking of Jason where was he?

"Sam get your fat ass up, we're late" he came running downstairs with a poptart in his mouth. He quickly rushed to put on his shoes.

"What time is it?" I groaned collapsing on the couch again.

"Time for school come on, it's 7:20" he said.

If it's 7:20 then that means we're an hour late for school. HOLY DICKS WE'RE AN HOUR LATE FOR SCHOOL. I bolted out of the couch and quickly ran upstairs to my room. I had no time for a shower so I just brushed my teeth and splahed my face with some water. I barely brushed my hair anyways so I just tied it into a ponytail. I threw on anything I could find in my closet. I ran downstairs. My stomach growled for some food, I don't even think I have enough time to eat anything.

"You take 10 years just to get ready" he rolled his eyes.

"Well I wouldn't have took so long if you actually managed to wake me up" I said, grabbing my shoes.

"I woke you up over 5 times but you ignored me so I gave up"

I slipped my shoes on and grabbed my backpack, phone and car keys. "God my head is killing me" I said rubbing my temple.

"You had way too much last night" he giggled. I had no idea what he was talking about. Too much of what? I never tasted alcohol or got drunk ever in my life.

We arrived to school 15 minutes after. We were lucky enough to arrive right when first period ended. When the bell rang, the hallway was flooded with students. I saw Jennifer making her way over to us. Jason immediately fixed his hair and stood up in a perfect posture.

"Hey guys" she said with a big smile on her face. There was something about her that bothered me. I don't know if it was the fact she was too nice, too pretty or too rich. She's a sweet girl but I'm sorry she just gives me all types of bad vibes.

"Someone looks happy" I mumbled.

"Why indeed I am, my dad is finally coming home from his business trip I haven't seen him in 3 months" she seemed too thrilled.

"Where did he go for his business trip?" I asked.

"He explored Europe for a while then went to south America"

"Money wasn't a problem for him huh?" I nudged her. She gave me a weak smile.

"Your dad is finally going to meet his future son in law" Jason added. Jennifer gave him a cold stare.

"His future son in law will actually be mature and educated and make sure he doesn't forget me at a party" she seemed angry. I was confused but Jason caught on.

"I totally forgot about that, it's actually a funny story" he said placing his arms around her.

"I don't like humors so keep it to yourself" she said removing his arms off of her. Burn!

"Anyways Sam, we're having a welcome back party for him, I don't know if you would like to come or not" she continued. I knew it would be rude of me to say no.

"I don't know, I might have a lot of homework and I'm not really good at socializing."  I tried so hard to think of an excuse.

"Oh don't be such a mood killer Sam, don't worry we'll come" Jason interrupted.