Chapter 18

"Call the hospital again" Jason said while he was slumped on the couch shoving Mom's left over pies into his mouth.

"Dont you think I already did that" I spat at him. I paced back and forth. Mom never came home ever since that night she went out. She's now gone for 2 days. I assumed she was in the hospital because she usually spends most of her time there but I've called the hospital and they said she never came by. I've never been this worried ever in my life. What if she's just at a friend's house and I'm overreacting?

"Stop worrying Sam, nothing happened to her. She's probably spending the night at her friend's house or something"

"Okay why would she spend two nights though and plus she would've called me or texted me" I pulled the ends of my hair.

"Then call her phone dumbass" he replied. Wait why haven't I thought of that. Wow he's actually smart sometimes.

I dialed her number. The phone rang three times and went straight to voicemail. I tried again but it took me to voicemail again.

"Why isn't she picking up" I groaned.

"Maybe she changed her number" Jason said. Never mind he's still stupid.
"Jason sometimes I wonder if you actually have a brain"

"Aye don't take your anger out on me, you're the one with the issue here"

Where could she be? I didn't know none of mom's friends so I couldn't call them and ask where she was. I decided to send her a text. Hopefully she'll see it, right?

To Mom: where you at? Are you okay?

Twenty minutes passed by, there was still no response from her. There's only one more thing for me to do. I grabbed my car keys.

"Where are you going?" Jason asked.

"To look for her, I'm seriously starting to worry Jason what if something happened to her?"

He didn't respond. His attention immediately went back to the T.V. "Sam you have to see this" he had a shocked look on his face.

"Jason I don't have time for this I need to go"

He turned the T.V up on full volume. He was watching the news? That's shocking.

"Breaking news, this is just in two body's were found dead in Los Angeles, California near the downtown area."

That wasn't far from our house. There was images showing the dead bodies. It was two women in a damaged car. One looked like she was in her 30s. Her face was damaged and blood surrounded her body. The other woman had a black gown on that was stained with blood and there was a clutch right by her body.

"The bodies seem to be identified as Clare Johnson, age 34 and Joan Hunt" the news reporter said. My heart instantly dropped to my stomach when I heard the last name. It's like someone ran a knife through my back. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"The police and investigators can't figure out how this damaged was caused or who was responsible for the murders of these women. Witnesses said they did saw these two women driving by on a highway then moments later that's when their whole car tipped over and rolled off a hill and crashed into pieces. This case is still being investigated at the moment, we'll get more information later tonight"

This can't happen. This isn't supposed to happen. She can't be gone. Not like this. I didn't even get to say goodbye. Tears were now running down my cheeks. My eyes stung and my heart ached. My mind was still scrambled trying to process what was happening. Jason turned off the T.V and slowly stood up.

"She can't be gone" I shook my head. I wanted to scream, run away, and just cry some more but I couldn't. My body just stayed stiff.

"Sam.." He said reaching his arms out.
"I didn't say goodbye to her. I have to say goodbye to her" I yelled as another tear rolled down my cheek. He held me tight and started stroking my hair. My face was buried in his chest. It felt like the whole world was falling apart and this was the end for me. The one and only person that mattered most to me was gone.

"Sam I'm so sorry" Jason softly said.

"She's really gone" I kept repeating those words over and over again. I wanted to believe it wasn't true and this was all just a bad nightmare or something but reality hit me hard.

"She's in a better place now." His words just brought more tears into my eyes. She can finally be with dad now like she always wanted. She doesn't have to complain about not ever seeing him because now she was right by his side.

Jason let go of me but I held on to him still. I didn't want to let him go. Not now, I needed this the most. I wanted to be in his embrace and only his. He was the only person left. The only one left for me to love and care about. I can't imagine losing him too.

"Please don't let me go" I cried.

"I'll never let you go Sam, I will never leave you" He held my face with his warm hands. He wiped away my tears. His eyes stared into mine. It felt like he was staring right into my soul.

"I'm your other half, if I go then you're coming with me. We're in this together" he smiled. "And besides who's going to keep annoying me if I leave" He tried to lighten up the mood. I chuckled. His long arms wrapped around my waist. I felt safe in his arms. I couldn't explain how but I just felt it. I rested my head on his shoulders.

"You know what my mom always told me?" I said softly.

"What?"

"God always brings you a special person. You share a lot of similarities with that person and it brings y'all closer together" I looked him in the eyes. "Then you end up falling in love with that person" I stuttered with my words.

"What are you trying to say?" he looked at me with confusion.

I took a deep breath, "I'm in love with you Jason"

He was surprised by my response, so was I. I would never thought I would have the guts to let out those. I was holding it in way too long, it had to come out.

He had a look of disappointment on his face. I was confused at his reaction. He let go of me and slipped his hands in his pockets. I didn't know what to do. None of spoke or made a single moment. I knew it was too much for him to take in. I just told my best friend I was in love with him, it's even too much for me to take in.

----------------------------------------------------
R.I.P TO SAM'S MOM YOU'LL BE GREATLY MISSED :( I SHOULD'VE MADE THIS CHAPTER LONGER UGH!

ANYWAYS WHAT DO YOU THINK JASON'S RESPONSE WILL BE? WILL HE TELL HER HE LOVES HER TOO OR REJECT HER ??

-VOTE OR COMMENT ❤❤