Chapter 14

"Why though" Jason said while dribbling the basketball between his legs. We were seated in my backyard. My notebook and pencil was placed on my lap. There was only a week left till the stupid poem project was due and I didn't even start on it. Jason claimed he was finished with his but with a brain like his I doubt it.

"What what?" I responded.

"Nick don't even seem like the right guy for you like he's too boring" fuck why did he had to bring this up again. Just when I was forgetting about the whole dating Nick thing, he had to remind me about it now.

"Maybe I like boring guys" I shrugged. He stopped dribbling the basketball and playfully threw it at me. I threw it back at him, thank god I have a good aim because it hit him right in his crotch area.

"Ow! What the fuck Sam" he said grabbing onto his dick.

I couldn't help but laugh. I felt bad at the same time though because it must really hurt getting hit there. It must feel like someone hit you with a hammer or something. I cry whenever someone elbows my boobs, imagine the same thing with a dick. It wouldn't be the best feeling.

"I didn't even hit you that hard" I said.

"My shit is sensitive and fragile"

"Don't forget small too" I teased. His face got serious.

"You call 24 inches small?" He raised an eyebrow at me. His dick wasn't even close to 5 inches.

"Why do you lie to yourself?"

"When have I ever lied to myself" he said. I could think a whole list of times he has lied to himself. Don't try me Jason.

"Uhm let's see you lied to yourself now and...oh every time you play basketball, you always say you're going to win but you always end up losing" I wasn't lying either.

"Okay let's have a one on one match now, if you think I always lose" he said. He grabbed the ball and held it inches from my face. He was asking for a challenge and I had no problem accepting it. Wait, my project. It was worth 60 percent of my grade. But I really did want to beat Jason's ass.

"Is someone scared?" Scared? Samantha Hunt never gets scared.

I sighed and placed my notebook and pencil on the floor. I rolled up my sleeves and tied my hair into a ponytail. Shit is about to get real.

"Ready to lose again, McCann? And you better not cheat this time" I stretched out my legs and arms.

"I won't make any promises and there is no rules so just expect anything to happen" he smirked.

"So you want to play it like that huh?"

Luckily I had to baskets in my backyard so it was a fair game. His basket was on the left side of the yard and mines was on the right. I got into my guard position while he slowly dribbled the ball. His eyes were locked on mine. I knew he was trying to examine my moves, but I was way too fast for him to catch up.

"You can give up now if you want" he said.

"No way, I really want to see your reaction when you lose" I quickly reached for the ball, having the chance to steel it. I now had the ball in my hand. He groaned. There was a look of frustration on his face. He tried reaching for the ball again but I dodged him and ran past him. I sprinted to his side of the basket and I threw the ball at the net from a distance. Swoosh. I made an easy 3-pointer.

"Yes! Suck on that McCann!" I yelled and cheered. His stomped his foot on the ground.

"It's not over yet" he said.