Chapter 42

Jason's P.O.V:

"She has to check back every two weeks and make sure you try to remind her of her old past so she could get her memory back" the doctor said handing me a bunch of papers that I had no idea what to do with.

Sam joyfully walked out the office. She must be happy she's finally out, I couldn't blame her I would feel miserable too if I had to stay in one room for a long time.

"So you're taking me home?" She said getting into the passengers seat.

"No we're going home, we live together" I said to her as I started the car.

"Live together? That's weird why do we live together?"

"Well it's technically your house but I moved in with you"

"And my parents are okay with this?" She laughed. Fuck I forgot to tell her about that part. I thought for a second thinking of the right words to say. How do you politely tell someone that their parents were dead.

"We're the only people in the house, your parents don't live with us" I said. She looked at me confused.

"Why not? I'm only 18 right?" I wish she would stop with these questions it's actually getting harder to explain and answer.

"Sam your parents are....they're gone"

"Oh they don't live in LA? Where are they" I just couldn't say it, I know how much it would hurt her.

"They're in a better place now that's all you need to know" I said keeping my eyes on the road. Something tells me she's still not getting the hint that her parents were gone for good.

We finally came home, I was extremely exhausted, Sam passed out on our way home. She was babbling on and on about Nick then she finally went to sleep afterwards. I'm actually glad she went to sleep I couldn't take a second hearing the name Nick over and over again.

I carried her inside in my arms. Her arms effortlessly wrapped around my neck. I smiled down at her. She looked so precious when sleeping, her natural beauty always did crazy things to my heart.

I gently set her down on the couch. She crawled up into a ball. I took off the leather jacket I was wearing and placed it on her so it could be like a blanket to her.

Just when I was about to walk away, I felt a hand grab my wrist. "Where are you going" she quietly said.

"I just need to take care of a few things I promise I'll back in no time" I responded. She let go of my wrist and went back to her sleep. I then walked out the door and slowly closed it behind me.

Jennifer's P.O.V:

Derek's rant went on for about two hours now. Everyone at the meeting seemed annoyed and tired. I can't believe he actually called us all here just to hear a stupid rant. But technically this rant was my fault because I did fuck up my whole mission. Nick was now dead so I don't blame Derek for being so angry. Tyler was probably already a hundred steps ahead of us. There was no way we can stop his whole plan now.

"This is all your fault Jennifer" someone sitting next to me mumbled. Well thanks for the kind words.

"Some of you might have forgotten why you're here in the first place, you're all agents because you guys have potential and is willing to risk your own life for someone else's protection" Derek said looking right at me. I've never seen someone so angry and stubborn.

"Okay I get it Derek I fucked up" I rolled my eyes.

"You didn't only fuck up agent 6 you messed up our whole plan I'm extremely disappointed in you I expected more from you and the fact that you lied to me is just unbelievable" his voice echoed the room.