Chapter 2

"Good afternoon class" Mr. Johnson came stumbling in knocking down almost everything off of his desk. His eyes were bloodshot red and you can smell the stench of alcohol around the room. Mr. Johnson is always drunk or on something I honestly don't know how he's not fired yet. He's been working here for 20 years. He was about to quit last year but his wife divorced him and ran away with all of his money so now he's stuck with this job.

"Welcome back, how do you all feel you're finally seniors, at least your life is heading somewhere mine has already went down the drain" he sighed.

"I feel your pain Mr. Johnson" I smiled at him.

"Ahh Sam one of my favorite students, you remind me so much of myself" he lightly laughed. I always find it creepy that Mr. Johnson picked me as his favorite. He sometimes refers to me as baby girl, which puts me in the most uncomfortable situation.

"Y'all both men so I see the similarity" Jason joked. The whole class busted out laughing.

"Shut up dumbass" I threw my pencil at him.

"McCann, you amaze me everyday with your ludicrous attitude and mediocre language, popularity must surround you" Mr. Johnson stepped up to him.

"Johnson a guy like me can't even catch a break from popularity I'm basically popularity you feel me?" He replied.

"I'm surprised you didn't drop out yet" Johnson smirked.

"I'm surprised your wife hasn't come running back to you oh wait I forgot she took basically half of your life so she don't need you anymore" my mouth dropped. Everyone was speechless. I knew Mr Johnson and Jason hated each other but I didn't expect that to come out of Jason's mouth.

"My life doesn't concern you what you need to be concerned about is your education and as far as I see it you're not going nowhere Mr." Johnson banged on his desk. "And if you talk to me like that one more time young man I don't mind failing you, it does no harm to me"

Jason was dead silent. Mr. Johnson walked over to his desk. "Do I make myself clear" he looked right into Jason's eyes. Jason nodded. He then turned to me, "its a shame you surround yourself by him you can do so much better Sam"

Was he serious? He knows Jason and I been friends since forever. Everyone in this whole school does. "I surround myself by him because he's my best friend Mr. Johnson and I don't need you telling me who to hang out with."

"There's no need to get an attitude sweetheart, we're all friends here" he smirked and pulled out a cigarette from his pocket. He lit it with a lighter that he pulled out from his other pocket.

"You're not supposed to be smoking" some kid in the back said.

"I'm a grown man I do what I want" he shouted back.

The door swung open and a tall girl with long brown hair walked in. She was really pretty. She looked like she came straight out of a magazine cover. Jason automatically jumped from his seat and all his attention was on her.

"Is this room 402 Mr. Johnson class" she said in a soft voice.

"Well yes it is and who might you be" Mr. Johnson examined her from head to toe.

"I'm Jennifer Graham I'm new here and they put me in here" she smiled exposing her white teeth that could blind you by just staring at it.

"Welcome Jennifer you could have a seat next to.." he looked around the room and every guy raised their hand. I rolled my eyes. Typical boys.

"There's an empty seat behind me beautiful how about you make your way over here" Jason said winking at her.

She giggled at him. "Make sure you put me far away from him."