*end of flashback*

I paired the dress with some jewelry my mom got me then I straightened my hair. It felt nice to dress up and look pretty once in a while.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look?" Tyler spoke.

I giggled "Yes"

On the way here, Tyler told me how great I looked close to a hundred times. He kept repeating it. He even had to park the car somewhere for a quick make out session. That's the main reason we were a bit late.

The door opened, revealing Stephanie. She was dressed in a pink playsuit with heels. Her long blonde hair fell to her back in curls.

She grinned widely when she saw Tyler "Hey Tyler"

"Hey"

Her smile disappeared as soon as she saw me. She eyed me up and down. A shocked expression was evident on her face even if she tried to hide it.

"Is that Dolce?" she asked me.

"Uh...yeah"

She glared at me "Whatever"

She left the door open for us to come in. I've never been to a party before so I didn't know what to expect.

Her house buzzed with energy in every corner of the huge living room. The house seemed like it was alive as loud music emanated from the loud speakers. People let themselves loose and danced the night away.

The room was transformed into a dance floor with vibrant multicolored lights. The bodies moved in rhythm to the music. Laughter and cheer filled the air.

In corners of the room, people did all sorts of things. Some people made out, some just sat and hung out while others played games.

Tyler held my hand and led me to the backyard. That was where the real party was at.

String lights adorned the trees which casted a warm glow outside. Groups of friends gathered in every corner.

In another corner of the backyard, a live band played music. People danced and drank alcohol. It was a sight to see.

I was in awe of it all. It was even better than I imagined.

Tyler led me to a beer pong table.

"Hey guys" he greeted them.

I was a bit nervous. There were so many people.

"Hey man!" some guys chroused.

They shook hands and hugged.

"This is my girlfriend, Catherine" Tyler introduced.

I waved with a weak smile "Hi"

"Holy shit! She's hot!" one of them blurted out.

One of them hit him at the back of his head "Shut up"

"What? It's true"

"Wait" one of them squinted their eyes at me "Don't you go to our school?"

They all looked at me "Shit, it's Catherine Walker"

"No way"

"She looks different"

"One more word about how hot my girlfriend is and I'll punch your faces in" Tyler said.

They all kept silent. They didn't dare argue with him.

"Let's play beer pong!" one of them yelled.

Everyone cheered.

"I've never played before" I told Tyler.

"I'll teach you" he told me "We'll go first"

The whole setting was filled with laughter and music. Tyler and I stood at one end of the table while another couple stood at the other end.

Tyler explained the rules of the game to me. I nodded, paying attention to what he said.

When it was my turn, I took the ball in my hand and aimed at one of the cups.

The people around me cheered me on. I became excited. I couldn't help but laugh.

"You can do it, baby!" Tyler cheered me on.

I calculated my throw quickly. With a flick of my wrist, the ball soared through the air and landed into one of the cups.

Cheers erupted from everyone. As the game continued, I engaged in friendly banter with everyone. Here, there were no cliques and school rules. Here, anyone could talk to anyone. We were all free. Everyone was filled with positive energy.

I had never laughed so much in my life. When the other team won, Tyler and I took shots. My head started to spin but in a good way. I enjoyed the feeling.

I aimed the ball, threw it and scored again. Everyone cheered.

In front of us, I could see Stephanie and her pose glare at me but I didn't care. At least, not for tonight.

"That's my girl!" Tyler screamed.

He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me. Everyone cheered and blew wolf whistles at us.

I laughed when we pulled away.

It was the most fun night of my life.