Chapter 38 - Armani

Pic of Jaden😍

:

Thursday, August 18, 12:09
"Jewel isn't here Marcell," I heard Malika say as she opened the door.

I started to panic, "Is that daddy?" Elijah squealed with excitement. I covered his mouth and whispered to him, "Shhh, we're playin the quiet game!"

He nodded his head and smiled. Johari was asleep in her crib and Chanel had her Beats on and was watching a tv show.

"Hey Marcell," I heard Jaden say. "Hey J," Marcell said. "Malika, I actually came here to talk to you...about Armani..."

"What about her?"

Elijah got up and went over to Chanel.

Then my phone started ringing. My ringtone was, Right Hand by Drake and I had forgotten to turn it off, so it blasted. "SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!" I whispered loudly through my teeth. It scared the hell out of me.

I heard footsteps, "Is there anyone else here?" Marcell said. I quickly ignored the phone call, it was Khadijah who was calling me.

"No! It must be my speaker! Jaden, why the hell did you leave it on?" I could hear the panic in her voice.

"I didn't-"

"Yes, you did nigga! Go turn it off!" Malika shouted.

"Fuckin' bitch..." Jaden said, not so under his breath.

The door slowly opened, I prayed that it wasn't Marcell.

I took a sigh of relief when Jaden opens the door.

"Hey 'Mani," Jaden smiled at me, "Ain't that yo husband downstairs?"

No one really knew about the divorce, we managed to do it without the press finding out.

"Um, it's complicated, but I'll explain it to you later!"

"Wait, so y'all ain't together no more? Oh, shit..." He cupped his hand over his mouth.

He closed the door and sat next to Elijah and Chanel, "Hey guys, whatchu doin'?" I shook my head, I'm not sure if it's true or not, but supposedly, Jaden was also one of Charmarco's kids. That's what Maleeka told me, but shit, she told me that when we were in elementary school. Her parents probably told her that because she asked where babies came from...but her cousin was killed by Charmarco, after they had sex. Wait, I remembered something Charmarco said the day I...shot him.

"Jaden, do you know anyone named James?" I asked.

He frowned, "James is dead," he said blankly. "He was killed in a drive by at a gas station..." his voice broke. "He was only sixteen, he didn't even do anything! The niggas drove by sayin' 'This is what happens when Dennis fucks Charmarco's bitch!' I witnessed it, I was sittin' in the back seat of James' car, and watched him get his brains blown out. He was my best friend!"

Jaden almost started crying. "I don't know who the fuck Charmarco is and James' name ain't Dennis! He was one of Malika's ex-boyfriend's brother."

I gritted my teeth...so Jaden ain't Sierra's baby...

"Damn..." I said.