Chapter 32 - Armani

Thursday, July 15, 2:57 PM

I sat at the table round table in between Chanel and Dante. I grabbed Dante's hand and squeezed it. His palms were sweaty as hell. "Hey, Dante, you got this, I know you do!" I let go of his hand and put Jo's car seat on the table.

The stadium was already filled with spectators and incoming NBA players. I didn't bother looking for Marcell, but I knew Malika would be here, because Jewel is coming.

My phone dinged in my bag, I looked at it.

BLOCKED NUMBER: I seen you on the big screen baby

Me: I ain't yo baby no more

BLOCKED NUMBER: shittt you'll always be my baby and that nigga your seein Dante? he ain't nothin to you I bet he just there to make me jealous he got a kid too? HA! I wonder where his baby momma is!

I shook my head.

Me: No nigga this is your child that you said you wanted nothin to do with! and leave my nigga Dante alone okay?! We are just friends! Andyou ain't gon' be sayin shit when he gets #1!

Marcell doesn't reply. I just put my phone on the table. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Are you okay?" Dante asked me. "I will be!" I smile.

"How about you?"

"I'm getting there!"

Once everyone is seated Adam Silver, the NBA commissioner, stands behind the podium.

He gives a speech that I pay no attention too and then he starts saying the draft picks.

"For the number one pick in the draft, the Miami Heat select..." I held Chanel and Dante's hand and prayed that it was Dante.

"Dante James from University of San Fransisco!"

The room burst in applause, I gave Dante a big hug and Elijah and Chanel join me.

Dante stands up from his chair and walks up to the stage. He had the biggest smile. I smirk. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Marcell.

Me: told you😊

>>

A/N
I know this chapter is hella short, but it's like 4 am here and a girl has got to sleep😴

I have school tomorrow but I wrote for you guys bcuz I appreciate 191 reads!!!! Thank you to everyone who's been reading every chapter!!!

💜💜

~Imani