Chapter 31 - Armani

Saturday, July 3, 2:37 PM

"God dammit!" I scowled as I held my back back, it hurt. I felt like a fuckin' old ass lady.

I was in a really bad mood for some reason.

I slid my key card in the lock. I opened the door and the kids quickly ran in the room.

It was a largest room in the hotel, I had booked us the presidential suite. I felt the baby kick in my stomach, HARD AS HELL. I  yelp in pain. "Will you just come out already!" I yelled.

The baby kicked me again, as if to respond.

I was so tired from that flight, and my ears still hadn't popped.

Dante walked in after me dropping our luggage and walking towards the large windows.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, "Oh my god!" I screamed as I held my stomach. I grabbed onto one of the metal pillars to prevent myself from falling.

Dante runs to my side, "Armani, are you okay?"

"No, oh my god!" I felt the pain come again, "I think I'm having contractions!"

I started to sweat, I groaned with pain, Chanel and Elijah ran to my side. "Mommy, what's going on?" Chanel asked worriedly. "Ew, mommy, did you pee?" Elijah squeals.

I sucked my teeth in pain, "OH FUCK!"

"THE BABY IS COMING!" I screamed.

"Oh my god!" Dante pulled out his phone and dialed a number. "Hello, yes, would you get my car ready please? I need it now! And order a babysitter too, NOW!"

Dante opened the door for me, he grabbed my bag. "Okay Armani, breath!"

I started taking deep breaths. "You guys need to stay here okay?" he said to the kids.

He closed the door and walked me to the elevator.

"UGHHH," I groaned again.

As the elevator door opened, he picked me up, ran outside, and put me in the car.

"Okay Armani, keep taking deep breathes!"

He floored it as soon as he started the car and we were at the closest hospital in less than five minutes.

- let's skip the giving birth part...if you've ever seen someone give birth, you'd understand... -

:

"It's a girl!" the doctor said, as she gently placed the crying baby in my arms. She immediately stopped crying once she opened her eyes to look at me.

I started to tear up, "Oh my god, she's beautiful!" I cooed. "She looks just like you," Dante smiled at me. "What are you going to name here?" he asks. "Um, I don't know, about her middle name, but I definitely want her first name to be Johari," I think, "How about you? What do you think her middle name should be?"

Dante smiled, "I've always like Angel and I think it fits her, because she's beautiful," he said softly.

I smiled, I liked it. Johari Angel Okafor. I really liked it. "I love it!"

"You want to hold her?" I ask Dante, looking up at him. Dante starts cheesin' real hard, "Really? What if she cries?"

"She's not going to cry," I gently lifted her up and he held her perfectly supporting her head.

He puts his index finger in her hand and she wrapped her fingers around it. I sighed, Marcell wasn't even here for the birth of his child. He was just being a deadbeat dad. I turned my back towards Dante and Johari and started to cry silently, in realization that Marcell wasn't here for the birth of Johari and he wasn't going to raise her with me.

I wiped my tears with the blanket. I can does this on my own. I raised 23 kids with him and I'm pretty sure I can raise ten without him. And besides three of them are already adults and four of them are in boarding school. So, technically it's just three kids, for now.

"Armani, I think she's asleep," Dante said. "Wow, you're pretty good!" I whispered. "I know!" he whispered excitedly. He placed her in the crib.

"You want anything to eat? Or drink?" Dante said grabbing his keys. I sat up excitedly, "Ooooh, get me some Chicken Alfredo Pasta, Red Velvet cheesecake, and a strawberry lemonade, from the Cheesecake Factory, pleeeassssee!" He rolls his eyes and laughs, "Okay, I'm bringing the kids later too!"

He kisses my forehead and kisses Johari's forehead. "See ya later fam," he says as he opens and closes the door behind him.