Chapter 30 - Armani

Saturday, July 3, 6:45 AM

Seven days until July 10th...

"Dammit, I can't fix my fucking zipper!" I was struggling to zip my dress, because I couldn't reach it. We had to be at the airport at 7:30, the draft is in three weeks and we want to get there early and it's in Brooklyn, NY which means we have to be on a five and a half hour flight. But it's okay, because we fly first-class.

"You know what? FUCK IT!" I angrily take off my black sleeveless draped dress. I go into my closet and put on a pair of skinny jeans and one of Dante's University of San Fransisco sweatshirts, which was huge on me, because you know, he's very vertically gifted. I can change when we get to the hotel.

I walk into the hallway and go into the room across from me. "Elijah, did you find your other shoe?"

"Yes," he nodded his head and held up his silver and gray Versace Palazzo Medusa high tops. "Good, where's Chanel?" I asked him. "Downstairs, I think she's helping put stuff in the car, I'm going to go help!" He walked past me and ran to the end of the hallway and made a left turn, which is the way to the stairs that leads to downstairs.

My phone buzzes in my pocket, I look and see it's a message from a blocked number, which is Marcell, the only blocked number on my phone.

Blocked Number: Armani, I'm sorry, please, I miss you!

I scoffed.

Me: really nigga??

Blocked Number: please Armani, I'm sorry, I'm done with my side hoe frfr

Me: no Marcell in done with your bullshit our divorce has been finalized remember? We divorced like a week ago so go find another bitch with a deep throat that will suck your dick lol I have moved on I'm  fine, I found a nice boy, you should find someone else too!

I was just trying to make him mad, I'm still single af!

Blocked Number: really Armani? You just gon diss me like that? I know you still love me!

I laughed and left this nigga on read! HA! I really don't miss his cocky, dickheaded black ass no more.

I put my phone back in my pocket.

"Hey mom, it's 6:56, we really need to go now!" Tamia said.

Tamia, Miles, Asia, and India were all going on a separate flight. They were going to go stay with Khadijah in Santa Barbara, for now, at least until school starts.

After this it's going to be just Chanel, Elijah, my unborn child, and I. At least I won't be alone, I thought.

:

At the Airport...

7:07 PM

"Okay you guys, I want you all to be safe, you know I'm just a phone call away, call me anytime you want, okay?" They all nodded their heads.

I kissed all of them on their cheeks one by one, "Call me as soon as you board that plane, don't talk to any strangers, your auntie will be waiting for you at the airport, if you don't see her, call me immediately! Do not lose each other!"