Chapter 10 - Armani

"Bye." I said before I hung up the phone. I really can't believe Jalen and Krystal are getting married. He must love her a lot to to forgive her. I would never have forgave her.

I stood up off the couch holding Sydnee in my arms. Sydnee is ten months but there are two more kids younger than her.

I placed my phone on the table but Sydnee started whining once I put it down so I just gave it to her.

"Sydnee, you're supposed to be sleeping," I said walking to the basketball court, I had to quiet down Davine before he woke up the other kids, everyone was asleep except Marcell, Davine, Sydnee, and I.

I saw Davine sitting on the floor crying and Marcell was on his knees trying to calm him down. He looked relieved when he saw me come in, "Marcell, what did you do?" I asked putting one hand on my hip.

"I just blocked his shot that was it!" he said putting his hands up, "Now he won't stop crying!"

I shook my head, "Marcell, he's four! You have to go easy on him!"

"That's not going to make him improve as a basketball player!"

"Okay, I understand that but he's fucking tall as hell! No one can block his shot when he plays munchkin basketball!"

He frowned, "I guess you're right. I'm just nervous for the basketball season to start..."

"I know baby, I know," I said.

He stood up, handed Sydnee to him, and knelt down to get to Davine's level.

"Hey Davine, what's wrong?" I asked queitly. "Well, I was trying to shoot the ball and dad swatted it and it hit my head and it hurt..." he cried.

"Aw, I'm sorry, Marcell can be a meanie sometimes..." I said helping him stand up.

"Yeah, a big ugly meanie..." he laughed.

I smiled, "Yeah, a big fat ugly meanie!"

"Hey, I hope you know I can hear you!" Marcell said. Syndee was giggling too.

"Marcell, I believe you owe Davine an apology?" I said turning to face Marcell. Marcell made a face, "I'm sorry," Davine crossed his arms, "For?"

"Blocking your shot and making the ball hit you..."

Davine smiled, "It's okay, I'm all good," he put a thumbs up.

Marcell came over and messed with his hair. He gave Sydnee back to me. "Davine, I don't know what Marcell was thinking letting you stay up past your bedtime." I said eyeing Marcell. Marcell put his hands up.

"He's helping me practice for my game tomorrow," he replied. "Well, you need to get some sleep to or else your gonna fall asleep on the court."

"I guess your right..." he said giving his basketball to Marcell. I held out my hand and he holds it. "Come on, I'm going to tuck you in," I said.

We walk out of the basketball court and Marcell follows behind us turning off the lights of the court.

Sydnee puts my phone on her head causing it to slide off, fall, and crack in several pieces on the floor.

"Oh man, Sydnee you broke my phone!" I say looking at her. She smiles. "It's fine, I needed to upgrade anyway," I shrug. "I'll get Missy to clean it up," Marcell said as we went up the steps, Missy is one of the housekeepers.

I stand in front of Davine's open room door, "Okay Davine get changed into your pajamas and I'll be right back," I say letting go of his hand.

"Okay," he says running inside of his room.