Chapter Three: Dreams Disappearing

Start from the beginning

"Why are you...wasting your time in this pitiful world? Go back to Densetsu...," the whispering voice spoke. He paused before searching his surroundings. His classmates were silent and paying attention to class. He never thought the voice could ever reach him here. It seemed to follow him everywhere now. "Come back here to Densetsu now! I really want to see you again, Kotaro. If you don't come back, I'll hurt anyone you love most," the voice bribed. Kotaro ignored the voice, doubting the voice could ever do such a thing. He didn't recognize the voice, nor did it belong to anyone's voice in this school. He continued to pay attention in class and didn't care about what the voice had to say.

"Fine, if you don't want to listen, maybe I should reveal myself to you right now," the voice declared. Kotaro froze. For some odd reason, his heart jumped a beat, then resumed at a brisk pace. The tension was powerful, realizing whoever this person was, they knew exactly where Kotaro was. "Here I come!"

Inside the classroom, there was a knock on Mr. Willcocks' classroom. "Come in!" Mr. Willcocks said. Highly surprised, Kotaro didn't expect the whispering voice to have appeared within his class. Kotaro could physically feel the dark presence. He took a gulp of saliva as he watched the doorknob turn and slowly open.

Like a horror story, the door screeched hellishly. It clanged with darkness, continuously damaging Kotaro's fragile ears. A show of legs appeared from the door. Then, a shadowy and womanly figure was seen from afar. Another teacher came into the classroom. Kotaro recognized that teacher. It was Mrs. Jones, the Health teacher. Was Mrs. Jones the voice talking to me? Kotaro thought. He shook his head, believing it wouldn't be her. Knowing it was just a teacher, Kotaro sighed in relief. Relieved that he needn't worry anymore. Perhaps the voice was bluffing.

"Mr. Willcocks, you have a new student in your class," Mrs. Jones announced. Realizing it was someone his age, Kotaro's horror returned like a splash of cold water. "Come here, don't be shy!" she called out the new student. Kotaro froze, not expecting it was a student. The whispering voice was probably the new student. The new student came inside the classroom. Everyone saw the student in a female uniform.

Her face was round and she had a tiny nose. Her golden hair extended to her shoulders and bright, azure eyes that could shine under the moon. "Come on, go and introduce yourself!" Mrs. Jones encouraged the girl. W-wait? Is that girl the voice? Kotaro thought. He was caught off guard. Kotaro didn't expect the voice to be some pretty girl due to the dark and low-pitched voice it had.

"Um, um, my name is Noel Natsuki. I'm a Japanese American. My dad is American, and my mom is Japanese. I hope I get to be friends with the rest of you!" Her English was fluent. Most of the boys drooled over Noel. Their eyes were aimed only at Noel. Well, I have to say, she's really cute despite her looking for me, Kotaro thought. Noel glared at Kotaro. Kotaro was quickly intimidated by the intense stare.

A rose with thorns. Kotaro knew not to mess with Noel. "May I please sit next to that boy?" Noel requested. She pointed at Kotaro. All of the boys glared at Kotaro. Kotaro didn't like where this was going. He hoped Mr. Willcocks declined the offer. Unfortunately, the teachers agreed to let her sit next to Kotaro.

Noel moved forward to the desk near Kotaro, and she sat on the desk. She came closer to Kotaro. "He told me to get you back to Densetsu," she whispered. She said something about he, who's he? Kotaro thought to himself. He was starting to think she wasn't the whispering voice talking to him. She was working for this He, possibly the voice she was referring to.

Knowing she wasn't the whispering voice, Kotaro needn't worry about Noel anymore. If she was ever going to take Kotaro back to Densetsu, she might as well use her cuteness to convince him to go to Densetsu. Judging by her appearance, she was nothing but a pushover. Kotaro paid close attention in class otherwise he'd be suspended. Though, he'd rather be suspended than heading to Densetsu. That world wasn't normal, and he wished to forget what happened in that world. Noel was probably one of those "youkai" Maya had mentioned.