Chapter 32

READ THE BOTTOM!

****Jose's P.O.V****

I played her, and I hate my self for doing it too.

She just looked so sad when I told her that I had a girlfriend, that I had to do something fast.

And telling her that I loved her was the first thing that popped into my head.

I know it was wrong but I had too.

I mean, I didn't have too, but it seemed logical at the time and I got a "kiss" out of it.

I'm a horrible person.

I honestly did love her, but things just didn't work. We were two different people, in two different worlds, with different dreams and goals. I ended up breaking up with her after we got in this huge fight because I told her that after high school I was going to join the Army and she told me no. We broke up and my family moved to a different part of the state. I did love her so much but it was for the best, and now, I'm just screwing with her heart and emotions!

I mentally shake my head and continue to eat my dinner. I look up and see Lauren talking happily to the guy that just came in. Suddenly she jumped and smiled.

"Oh! I forgot to introduce you! Guys this is Cole. Cole this is Dalton, Garrett, Maddy, and Jose." She smiled, looking back to the boy. He was good looking and I had a feeling he and Lo had something going on, but who am I to judge?

My parents moved here to Texas because my dads job got relocated out here. I did not expect to run into anyone I knew, especially Lauren. And I did not know about her parents, that was truly a shock.

The whole dinner time, all I heard was Lauren's laughter. This family makes her happy.

These boys make her happy.

I look around the table to see love and compassion and caring in the eyes of all the people looking at Lauren as she told some random story. Each of them cared for her in a different and special way. They looked at her as if it were their solemn duty to protect her.

Looking back at Lauren, I could tell that she cared for each and every person at the table in a different way. Who knows? Maybe she's in love with them? I don't know. All I know is that, whoever she picks at the table, I'd be perfectly happy with her choosing. I like them and they'd be perfect for her. Except for those twins that Stevie brought. For some reason, they just don't sit well in my book. Something's off about them.

I watched as she finished her story and everyone laughed. She smiled, picking at her food and eating it. She looked up at the boy next to her named Cole, and smiled, her eyes widening at whatever he told her, then her laughing so hard, she started crying.

I didn't realize how long I had been looking around and how out of it I was, until someone nudged me and I realized that everyone was looking at me.

"Uh...What?" Everyone chuckled as the lady spoke again.

"I was just wondering how you knew Lauren and Stevie?" I lady asked again. I think she's the mother of all of them.

"Oh. We knew each other in Middle school, and me and Lauren dated." I said, nonchalantly. The lady nodded her head.

"And how come you decided to move down here and leave Florida?" I smiled.

"My dads job got relocated to Texas, so we had to move with him." She nodded again, but this time instead of her speaking, one of her sons did.

"Do you have any brother's or sister's?" I smiled and nodded.

"I have an older sister, Lauren. She just graduated high school and is in college."

"Aw. Lauren didn't come?" Lauren asked. I shook my head no.

"Nah. She stayed up there to finish it off."

"Is she married?" The one sister asked, who I think her name was Jade.

"Engaged actually." All the guys around the tabled slumped down into their chairs, groaning. I chuckled as Lauren elbowed Cole. I looked over at the wall clock and realized that it was 9 o'clock and my mom and dad would be worried. I wiped my mouth off with my napkin and placed it on the table.

"Uhm. Thank you for having me, but I must go, my parents are going to be worried." The mother gave me a sad look.

"Oh. Ok hunny. Thank you for coming over. You're welcome any time!" I smiled at her and got up to walk home.

"I'll drive you." I heard Lauren's voice say from the dinning room. I heard someone mumble "I'll come too."

"That's ok. I can walk." I tried to shake her off. She shook her head.

"Nonsense. You can't walk home alone, it's dark and you probably don't live near here. Come on boys." That's when I realized Cole was accompanying us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys.

I just wanted to put this chapter out there. I didn't really know what to do so it was kinda a filler chapter.

And btw. Jose is not like that at all in real life! I just needed someway to drop him, without you all being like WHAAA! WHAT HAPPENED TO JOSE!? So yeah.

Honestly, in real life, he's really sweet and nice and funny and cute and has a cute big nose that everyone makes fun of but I love.

We're kinda really good friends, but he doesn't think he likes me like that so it's all good, I guess... I asked and he said we were good and we could still be good friends without the awkwardness.

Part of this chapter is true though.

He does have a sister named Lauren but she is married. He is planning on going into the army after school, to which I replied with oh don't die and he said I'll try not too. Uhm we didn't meet in middle school, we meet two years ago? I believe. He actually met me with giant scars on my face and knees because I had fainted in the road the Thursday before we met, but he still liked me (as a friend I think) and wanted to be my friend! :)

I was actually talking to a couple people who go to church with him and this other guy I like and they said that there are people who like me like me at their church, they just don't like long distance type things... so its whatever.

Its only 45 minutes away geez! lol

But anyway I thought I'd clue you in on what's goin on. Please vote and comment and talk good things about my book :)