Chapter 24

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!" I screamed as I stepped in the front door to see tons and I mean TONS of people in our house all yelling happy birthday for me!

A giant smile forms on my face as my hands fly over my mouth. I turn around to see Conner standing behind me smiling. I walk over and hug him smiling. We sway back and forth.

"Who did this?" I yell over the music.

"We all thought of it last night!" he yells back. "But..." he stops. I pull back to see he's looking behind me. I turn around to find that Stevie is standing behind me smiling. I run full speed at him. I jump into his arms and grip to his neck for dear life.

"Happy Birthday Stevie!!" I yell into his ear. He laughs.

"Happy Birthday Lo!!" he pulls me away from him. "I brought some people that you know but forgot!" I nod my head as he walks into the other room to get his guests.

Wanna guess who taps on my shoulder?

When I turn at the tap, I run smack into the familiar chest of Cole.

"Cole!"

"The one and only!" I jump into his arms for a quick hug, then back away when Stevie comes back.

"Lo? This is Maddy, Dalton and Garrett." I stare at the three people who were in my hospital room just a few days ago and I had them sent out.

"Can you all excuse me? I need to change I'll be right down!" they all nod their heads and I grab Jade and we run up to my room to change. Conner and Quinn follow but go into their separate rooms to get dressed for the party.

I pick out a very tight coral dress. It's really short, but whatever yolo and it's my birthday... It just covers my butt, it's strapless on one side with a tick coral strap on my right shoulder. I picked out black stilettos and combed my hair and did a touch up on my make up. I stepped out of the bathroom and Jades face lite up.

"You look HOT!" I laugh and grab her hand and pull her over to my mirror. Jade has something similar on but her dress is light blue. We take a couple pictures then walk down stairs to make a dramatic entrance.

Everyone pauses and looks at us. I blush quickly, but let it pass. There's a whistle in the crowd and then everyone starts dancing a drinking and talking and making out again.

"Where's Genny and Ben?" I ask Cody as he eye balls me.

"Uh Oklahoma... They left after they gave you you're birthday present." I grab his chin and lift it to look at me.

"Cody? My face is here." I smile sweetly at him. He smiles back, not the least bit ashamed.

I look around and see Conner standing and talking to Suzy. I walk over and grab his hand and lead him to the dance floor. Whatever I don't care it's my birthday! We starts grinding to some random song. Someone brought us drinks and soon we were both gone! We continue to grind on each other. I reach back and put my hands around his neck while he grabs around my waist and we pump back and forth to the beat of the music.

We get lost in the music and I don't even realize that Conner had passed me on to someone else. I turned around to face some random guy. He smirked at me, obviously way past drunk! I gave him a rude smile and stormed away, pulling down my dress a little because it rode up on me while I was dancing. I look around for Conner to yell at him. I turn my head and see Quinn and Cole talking.

But looking closer, they weren't talking they were fighting. I walk up to them and step in between them. "What's going on Cole?" he sees me and instantly stops his fighting.

"Lo! Happy Birthday!" I glare at him, and grab Quinn's wrist so he can't go any where.

"Don't avoid the question Cole! What's going on here?" he sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"You don't wanna know... Can't I just tell you later? I don't wanna ruin your night!" I sigh and nod my head. He leans down and kisses my cheek gently before running away. I turn and glare at Quinn.

"Already starting fights I see!?" he chuckles.

"Come dance with me!" it's a slow song, why not? I shrug my shoulders and follow him to the center.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist as we swayed back and forth to the music.

"So who was that guy you hugged when we got here?" I looked at him confused then realized he was talking about Stevie.

"Stevie?" he shrugs his shoulders.

"I think that's what you screamed?" I laugh out loud.

"He's my twin. He moved to go to school on a scholarship." he nods his head and instantly looks relived.

"oh I was just-" he's cut off suddenly by Conner asking if he can steal me for a birthday dance.