Chapter 21

I walk back in the house, puffy eyed and red eyed, sniffling and whipping my tears. As soon as I come in, two people attack me.

"Lauren? Why were you outside?" Genny asks me. "Are you ok?" Jade asks me.

I sniffle and nod my head. "I'm fine. I just needed somewhere to be alone and talk to someone, so I needed to talk to Stevie. The game room was obviously occupied so I went outside. I'm fine really. It was just a nightmare." Genny's face drops.

"Oh honey! If you had a nightmare you could have come and talked to any of us." I give her a half-small, and shake my head.

"No no no! It was something that I needed to talk to Stevie about." Genny nods her head as all the boys come in a grab some water. I give Conner and Adam a questioning look.

"We're going to play football, wanna join?" I smile, nodding my head.

"I'll be out in a bit? I need to change." They nod and run out the back door.

I walk slowly up the stairs and walk into my room and shut the door behind me.

I walk over to my closet and grab a pair of neon green sports shorts, and a neon pink tank top. I pull out my sports shoes and check my self in the mirror.

I walk over to Jade's room and see that she's done getting ready.

"Lego." She yells as she walks out of her room and into the kitchen and grabs two water bottles, throwing one at me and opening hers then walking outside.

We walk in like slow-mo down the field. I, personally, was checking out everything.

Guys.

Grass.

Guys.

The sky.

Guys.

The hot, shirtless guys.

I look out and notice that they all work out.

Every.

Single.

One.

Of.

Them.

Jade saw me staring and started to laugh. "Never seen them shirtless all at the same time?"

I shake my head, still staring.

She laughs pulling me further onto the field.

I watch as Jacob tackles Conner to the ground. I stop mid step.

"This isn't tackle football is it?" Jade grins at me.

"Oh yes ma'am it is."

Great.