Chapter 16

OK LAST CHAPTER! ALL THE ITALICS WERE LAUREN DREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes fly open as I gasp for air! My eyes meet another person's eyes. He has green-gray eyes that are absolutely gorgeous, the kind you get lost in. His hair is a mixture or brown with blond streaks, swooping across his face. He stares at me and then starts to cry. He throws his head into his hands and cries profusely. He lifts his head up and looks at me then stands and walks out the room.

"doctor. Doctor. DOCTOR! SHE'S AWAKE!" Suddenly I hear tons, and I mean TONS of footsteps. And in a second, the weird white room is filled with tons of familiar people.

But I don't know any of them...

"Lo?" They all ask, out of breath, happily, but also hesitant and disbelieving. I give them all a weird look.

"Who-" I stop. My voice did not sound familiar. And it was on FIRE! It was dry and hot and I hated it. I look around and see the boy that was sitting next to me seconds ago, crying. An older woman was crying. A boy not too much older than me that looked like the boy next to me looked pissed but he was crying too.

A cup of water is thrust in my face. I flinch at the closeness of the cup, but take it any way. I take a long, refreshing drink from the cup, enjoying the cool liquid as it runs down my throat. I haven't had a drink in a month!

I look up at the hopeful faces, and look back at them frightened. I see two baby's and two little kids. I see two girls, one with blond and one with brown hair. I see three boys, one blond and two with brown hair, and then I see three more boys. Older boys. Then there's a boy who looks like he doesn't belong. Then there was the older boy who looked like the one that was crying next to me. And then there was a woman and a man.

"What's-what's going on?" I ask, looking at the crying boy next to me.

"Lauren. You were in a Como for a month. You got stuck on a pipe under the water and when he got you unstuck you hit your head on that same pipe. Knocked you and your brain out cold." He sighs, wiping away the tears on his cheeks.

I sigh, not wanting to ask my question but do it anyway. "I'm sorry. I don't know who any of you are and-and it kinda scares me that you know all this." Everyone gasps and turns away from me. The woman in the back starts to cry hysterically.

Everyone starts to cry.

And it's all because of me.

"Give her time. I think everyone should go and give Lauren some time and come back one at a time and do your thing without overwhelming her. Don't do everything at the same time. She'll be here for a while, so you can take things one step at a time." The woman nods and escorts all the people out of the room.

The boy who looked like he didn't belong was left. He stared at me with painful eyes before walking out.

And it killed me to watch him go.

I sat in the uncomfortable bed for about 10 minutes before there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." I say weakly.

My eyes meet another person's eyes. He has green-gray eyes that are absolutely gorgeous, the kind you get lost in. His hair is a mixture or brown with blond streaks, swooping across his face.

"Lauren? You really don't remember me?" Pain soars through my chest.

"Yes but no." I tell him honestly. He sits in the chair next to me.

"Explain."

"You look so familiar it hurts. But I just....can't." I say ashamed. "Who sat next to me and said that I was their best friend?"

"Me."

"Who are you?" I ask, exhausted.

"Stevie. Your twin brother." I nod my head understanding.

"I heard something about a sister and another brother?"

"Do you want me to get them?" I nod my head and he leaves. I can see everyone watching me through the door window. The boy who looked like he didn't belong stood out.

"Lauren!" A voice breathes out as they run at me and hug me.

"Who are you?"

"Eric."

"Ok. What's her name?"

"Katherine. She-you love-loved her." He kept stumbling over his words.

"Ok." After a while of talking, I feel like I do remember them. They leave and let someone else come in.

He has brown hair and green eyes.

"Lo?" Part of me hates him, but part of me wants him.

"Who are you?"

"I-It's me. Jer?"

"Jer?"

"Jeremiah? Your first boyfriend in our house?" He looks hurt that I don't remember him.

"Are you still my boyfriend?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"You said-I mean I cheated on you..." He looks away, ashamed.

"Get out please." I look away from him. He does as I wish and sends in someone else. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to take in everything.

I open my eyes and take in the gorgeous boy before me.

He had gorgeous ice blue eyes. Tan skin. Dark brown hair. A gorgeous white smile. An angel. My mouth slightly dropped.

"Ren?" For some reason he seems so familiar, its eating me.

"I know who you are...I just can't put my finger on it! It-it hurts..."

"What hurts Ren?"

"Not being able to say I know who you are. It hurts so bad!" A tear comes to his eye as he takes a seat next to me, holding my hand.

"I can't do this...I can't be here... it hurts too much." He gets up to leave, but I hold tight to his hand.

"Don't. I don't care. I need you to stay." He freezes, his eyes glistening.

"I'm--"

"I remember!" I yell out suddenly.

"Remember what?" He asks, scarred and confused.

"You..."