Chapter 19

Quinn. (PICTURE>>>>>>>>>)

A foster child.

His entire family died in a fire.

That's what he told Conner and I after Genny left.

"Uh I'm Quinn. Quinn Carr." He told us shyly. "What do ya what ta know?" He asked us, sitting in the chair beside my hospital bed.

"Why are you livin' with us?" I ask in a small voice.

"I-I'm a foster child..." He says, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh me too...kinda..." He perks up now.

"Oh really. Why?" My heart rate picks up. 

"Uh...My parents died in a car accident..." I say, looking away from him and down at my cookie. He nodded in understanding.

"My entire family died in a fire.... I was just coming home from a party, and when I got there..." He paused, moving his hands in a circular motion then throwing them back down in his lap, "They were gone."

I felt terrible.

"Oh my--I am so sorry!" I say, throwing my hands over my mouth. He chuckles.

"Me too."

"So how old are you Quinn?" Conner asks from beside me. Is that venom I detect in his voice?

"I'm 17. How old are you guys?" I smile at him.

"17." I reply.

"16." Conner reply's. Some how I don't believe him at all.

"Did you have any brother's or sister's?" I ask, hesitantly.

He nods his head, grinning. "I had 3 brother's and 4 sister's." My eyes widen.

"Seriously!?" He laughs, nodding his head.

"Yeah...What about you?"

"I'm going to go get a drink." Conner says, getting up and leaving. I turn my head back to Quinn, smiling.

"I have a twin brother and a baby sister. They were here but Stevie went back home to live with his girlfriend and he took Katherine with him." I say, smiling.

"What's you're name? I never asked." I laugh as I realize we've been getting to know each other and he doesn't even know my name.

"I'm Lauren, but you can call me Lo or whatever you would like really." He nods his head.

"So what's up with him?" he asks me, giving me a confused look.

"Conner? I'm not really sure? He's been like this since I woke up." I look up at him. "He's the reason why I'm in here." I whisper to him. His eyes widen.

"Really? What happened?" I laugh.

"I'm not entirely sure. I know we went swimming and he flipped me and I got stuck under the water and hit my head. I was in a coma for a month. I just woke up a couple of weeks ago. I get to go home either today or sometime in the next four days." He nods his head.

"Good to know. So you don't remember anything?" I shake my head.

"I remember nothing. The only thing I know is anything that had to do with Conner. Weird huh?" He nods his head.

"So you live with the Miller's?"

"Yeah. Have been for about a year." He smirks.

"You deal with all those crazy boys?"

 "Yeah I do. They're not that bad." I say with a smile.

"I haven't met them yet... what are they like?"

"Jonah is 18: He is a "bad boy" so-to-say, and is a senior in high school

Cole is 18: He is one of Jonah's Triplets! He's a bigger "bad boy", he's infatuated with girls, works out

Jacob is 18: He is Cole and Jonah's triplet! He likes to work out, and is a big softie!

Jeremiah is 16: He's a little shy. He's a sophomore in high school.

Cody is 16: He is one of Jeremiah's triplets! He's a charmer! He loves music.

Adam is 16: He is Jeremiah and Cody's other triplet! He's also a charmer, loves girls and is a good kid.

Jade is 15: She is very pretty. Loves boys and reading. She is blond out of choice.

Tiara is 15: She is Jade's twin. She is pretty, smart, and loves fashion and make-up.

Ivy is 4: she is a little cutie. She's a diva and daddy's little girl. BARBIES!

Eddy is 4: he is Ivy's twin. He's a major flirt, and a little cutie. He's momma's boy.

Liam is 13 months: He is adorable, full of giggles and laughs!"