Chapter 5

Great.

I've lost him.

I tried to tell him subtly that I was in love with him, but he took it as I loved someone else.

I watched as he walked away from me, leaving me. He walked up the porch and slammed the back door shut. I drop onto my knees and cry.

"why?" I whisper out. I cry for 10 minutes. Letting it out. But I feel as if I haven't let it all out yet. I look up to see someone walking towards me.

Jade.

She sits next to me without saying a word. Until she turns to me.

"Lo? I need to tell you something." I sniffle out an ok. She takes a deep breath.

"Tiara and I...We're not part of this family." I look up confused, and she just looks embarrassed.

"What do you mean?"

"We're Ben's sister's daughter's. They left us on the porch step one night and Genny and Ben didn't find us crying until the next morning." she lets out a sigh. "We were abandoned."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I'm glad you told me. I knew there was something up." She looks up at me and grins.

"I like you Lauren. You're great!" I let out a laugh. "We're going to be best friends!" She grabs me into a tight hug. After pulling away she looks at me and frowns.

"Lauren what's wrong?" my breath falters and I look away.

"i've lost them both." I whisper out. Jade lets out a small gasp.

"Wait BOTH!?" Her eyes grow super wide. "Spill!" She demands, crossing her arms over her chest and facing me. I let out a breath and go for it.

I tell her everything, from the almost sex, to sleeping with Cole and Jer in my bed, but not SLEEPING. To dating both of them. And to both of them breaking my hearts.

And even convinced my love for Cole...

"He walked away cause he thought I meant I loved someone else." I finally say, looking up at a sympathetic and shocked Jade.

"That douche!" She says, hopping up and running towards the house, I jump up and run after her.

"Jade! STOP! COME---BACK!" I huff out. She only lets out a silly laugh and runs faster. We run into the house, everyone's heads turning to look at us.

She takes off up the stairs, looking in each room. Finally getting into the baby's room she runs in and locks the door.

I run over and pound on the door, "JADE! LEMME IN!"

No answer.

I finally give up and slump to my room and slam the door shut and fall onto my bed.

"Why are you in here?" A voice asks, obviously. I jump up and turn around quick to see that I'm definitely not in my room.