Chapter 31

I walk hazily downstairs, and sit at the table covered in food.

Spaghetti.

I sit next to Cody and Stevie, across from Dalton, next to D is Jose. Cody nudges me and gives me a weird look, leaning into my ear.

"You ok? You don't look...you." Tears form in my eyes.

"Katherine doesn't know me." His smile drops.

"Oh. I'm-I'm sorry Lo. I didn't know." I grab his hand from under the table and squeeze it, giving him and small, reassuring smile. I look across the table and glance at Jose to see him giving us a weird look.

"Ok! Dig in!" Genny exclaims, grabbing the salad quickly out of Jeremiah's grasp. I go to grab the garlic bread when the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it." I tell everyone, jumping up from the table and walking towards the door. I reach the door and open it slowly, but it's pushed open.

 "SHORTY! LEMME IN!" My heart stops.

Cole.

COLE!

I throw the door open and jump at him. "COLE!" He chuckles in my ear and pulls me closer to him.

"Why didn't you say good bye?" He asks me. I pull back slightly, getting a better look at him. There's a little cut above his eyebrow.

"I did!"

"Not correctly you didn't." I roll my eyes, and stand on my tip toes....

And kiss his cheek, lingeringly.

I start to walk away, satisfied but he grabs my hand and pulls me back to him and places his own lingering kiss on my cheek very close to my lips.

And lemme tell ya, sparks sure flew!

"Why are you here?" I ask, rolling my eyes and ignoring the sparktastic kiss.

"Uh school's done...? Duh Lo." I close my eyes and laugh.

"Shut up. Come on. I was eating till someone interrupted me!" I say nudging him and running away into the kitchen.

Boy am I confused.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW

The boy at the side is Jose (aka the boy I like in real life) DO NOT HATE! I LIKE HIM FOR HIM AND HE'S HOT IN PERSON!