Chapter 10

I sit in between to Conner and Ed and wait for Dad and Stevie to come downstairs. I pretend to turn around and look at what's behind me, but I place my hand on Conner's thigh, feeling him tense up at the suddenness. I smile up at him, as he looks down at me with a cute, confused expression and a smile.

"Thank you." I whisper up at him and lean up and kissed his red cheek.

"You're-uh-very welcome. I'm just tryin to help, you're part of this family now, I've gotta help a...sister...out." He grins down at me, grabbing hold of my hand and squeezing it, but not letting go. And the truth is, part of me doesn't mind at all, part of me likes the feeling that he's giving me right now.

"Let's EAT!" Ben yells, strolling into the kitchen with a greasy Stevie at his side. Stevie and Dad have come very close in the past few months. They've been working on a car that's going to be Stevie's when they finish it. Stevie walks to the sink and cleans him self off and washes his hands as Conner tenses next to me. And I know why. Stevie is extremely good looking. I mean come on, we're twins!

"He's my twin." I whisper up to him. He loosens up a whole lot.

"Oohh! Ok." I try to hid my laugh as Stevie takes a seat across from us. We start to eat. We're half way through when Stevie clears his throat.

"I have something to tell everyone." Stevie says in a deep voice, whipping off his face. "I'm going, well moving back home to finish school there." I drop my fork against my plate, as my mouth drops open.

We have not talked about this.

Stevie locks eyes with me, but talks to everyone. "Even though I'm only a Junior, the College has invited me to visit them, and if I like what I see, they have a scholarship for me to start college early." He says. "I'm going to take Katherine too. Maddie invited me to stay with her and her family." He tells me, but everyone is still listening.

I'm happy for him, I just wish he would have told me sooner. I smile at him, as he smiles back at me, relieved. "When?" I ask him, still smiling.

"I leave Sunday so I can get settled and tour the college Monday." Today's Friday.

"I'm proud of you." I say, going back to my food as everyone does the same.

"I'm glad you approve." We finish our dinner and move on to dessert. I feel Conner squeeze my hand from beside me.

"Wanna watch a movie in my room when we finish dinner?" I turn my head slightly and smile to my self.

"Yeah." I say, trying to make it sound like it's not a big deal.

"Good." He says, setting napkin on his plate, as everyone basically finishes. I let go of Conner's hand and take my plate over to the sink and clean it off and put it in the dishwasher.

"Goodnight everyone." Conner says, after he sets his plate in the dishwasher from behind me.

"Goodnight Conner." They all say at different times. He walks away and heads up stairs to change into his PJ's.

"Goodnight everybody." I say, walking up the stairs before anyone can comment. I gently knock on Conner's door before walking in after he said come in.

I find him laying on his bed, phone above his face, sweatpants on, and best of all.

Totally shirtless, and all abs!