Chapter 3

"Who are you?" I hear a snotty voice ask from behind me, I dare my self to tear my eyes away from Cole's retreating back. I look at "Conner".

"Are you Conner?" I ask, in a snooty voice. He looks me up and down.

"Depends whose asking." I purse my lips. We're probably going to maybe get along great! Note the sarcasm.

"I'm Lauren. My friends call me Lo." Putting emphasis on friends as he raises his eyebrows.

"Why are you here?" he asks, rather rudely. I raise my eyebrows at him as if saying 'come at me bro!'

"I live here excuse you." I snap back at him. Now he just looks taken aback. Its quite hilarious actually. His mouth pops open as a pair of muscular arms wrap around my shoulders and grab my hands in the front. I smile at the comfortableness. Conner's eyes dart up to the boy and back to me.

"Conner are you causin trouble to little Lo here?" The boy holding me asks. Conner's eyes rack up my body up to the boys eyes. He rolls his eyes at the boy. The familiar chest rises and falls against my back as he breathes evenly.

"Oh course not Cole." My breath hitches in my throat at the sound of his name. I hear Cole chuckle and feel his chest move back and forth.

"Calm down Lo." He jokes, as Conner gives us a weird look as I roll my eyes, but on the inside I'm freaking out that he even felt that. 

"I am calm Cole." I snap sweetly. He only chuckles and kisses my cheek before walking back inside. My hand instantly flies up to where the tingles are at. I hear another chuckle but a different chuckle but ignore it and walk inside to go get ready to eat.

I run up stairs quickly and walk by Cole's room, but see that it's already occupied. My heart drops when none of the things are Cole's. I see Conner coming out of the bathroom and look at me roll his eyes then walk past me, downstairs. I sigh, and walk down the hall towards my room. I walk in and see a note on the bed, my mind instantly flies to the note that Cole left when he left and I'm suddenly too scared to open it, afraid of what lies in it.

     Lo Lo,

       I'm not going to be here long, I'm going to be here for dinner and leave after dinner tomorrow. I want to spend every minute of tomorrow and tonight with you. Sorta've like an I'm sorry for leaving you...without saying good-bye. I heard about how bad you took it, and it makes me feel even worse.... I love ya Lo Lo. :)

          Love,

       The one and only,

           Cole <3

A tear comes to my eye as I read the note. But a happy tear.

He wants to spend all of his time that he has here with me. And he said he loved me. I couldn't figure if it was friendly love or love love?  

I look away from the note, setting it on my bed, and looking into the mirror. I fix my self, (my boobs) and smile as I turn around and walk down the stairs towards dinner. I walk in the kitchen and my eyes land on Jeremiah talking to Conner. My heart and feet stop as I remember that he isn't my boyfriend anymore. (JER PICTURED AT THE SIDE.... OH. MY.FREAKING.GOOODNEESSS!)

Suddenly I feel claustrophobic and I need air. I dash out the back door and take in a deep breath and let the tears come. I run through the yard till I'm very far away from the house and fall into the grass, crying.