Love Don't Change |Chapter 14|

Monique Lidia Perry
Detroit
12:03 p.m
Oct. 19

"That was delicious baby, " Niola says, right before drinking the last of his orange juice. "Thanks." He adds.

"No problem baby, I'll always feed you." I giggle and kiss his lips. I gather our dishes stacking the plates on one another, and the cups too. I carry them to the kitchen and start washing them.

"You leaving me..." Niola says behind me.

"You can come over." I look at him over my shoulder while rinsing the last few dishes.

"Nah, I need to handle a few things." He say. I dry my hands with the kitchen towel and look at him.

"Like what?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Like, bills and getting prepared for work on Monday. " he answers. I nod and wipe my forehead.

"Okay, well I'm ready to go." I say rubbing my arm. He walks up to me, and kiss my cheek.

"I know, you have a nail appointment." He sighs. I nod, and bury my face in his chest, "I don't want you to go." He whines.

I laugh and look up at him, "Really NiNi?" I ask.

"Yes baby girl, when you here I'm so happy." He place his hands on my waist and stare down into my eyes. "Every bad thought I ever had, disappear." He whispers the last part.

I carress his cheek, and smile a little. "That's sweet." I say softly.

"You're so beautiful. " he mumbles and kiss my lips. Sparks immediately start happening, it's like this kiss was more than lustful, it felt like.. Love? Him holding me close, no space in between us, never breaking the kiss even though we desperately need oxygen. It was more than what we thought, it was true feelings and oncoming deep love.

"You in love?!" Sarah exclaims as we walk through the mall. I had Niola come pick us up after my appointment, and take us here. He's gone now, but my brother Kareem will pick us up from here.

"No," I say. "I think I love him though. If I was in love I think I'd know that." I say truthfully.

"Hmmm," she says. "So, you saying that kiss in the kitchen made you feel deeper connected with him?" She asks with her forehead scrunched in confusion.

"Yes." I nod. She smiles and flip her red hair over her shoulder.

"Thats so cute. We should double date." She claps. I giggle and we walk in footlocker.

I bought Niola come socks, and a few hats. I ordered his shoes from Nike.com. Now I need to find the perfect outfit to match his shoes and hat.

"That shirt does match his hat." Sarah says. I shake my head and look between the hat and the shirt.

"Those are two different kinds of blues!" I exclaim. She groans and look at me.

"I'm hungry man, hurry up!" She whines. I shake my head and pick a lighter shade of blue to match the hat. Once I got that done, we need to find my baby some nice Levis or something to match.

"All those bags, I'm guessing y'all had yourselves a ball." My dad says once Kareem, Sarah and I get in the living room.

"I know she did." Sarah says rolling her eyes. I smirk and smack her arm, my dad look between us two with an amused face.

"That's good," he smiles. I nod and walk over to him wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I missed you so much dad." I say honestly.

"I missed you too. Me and your mom retired so we spend as much time together as possible to make up for all those years we we're working, and raising y'all. No real time to relax, but now you all are older, and we don't have to be so attentive as we used too." He explains their absence.

"Its fine dad. Where's mom?" I ask getting excited.

"She's in the room." He says. I nod and pull Sarah upstairs. She takes our bags into my room, while I excuse myself to go see my mom. When I open the bedroom door, mom was finishing her lipstick.

"Mommy!!" I exclaim happily. She smiles and open her arms. I gladly wrap my arms around her, and kiss her cheek.

"I missed you a whole lot." She says.

"I missed you too." I smile and she turn her head, getting a good look at me.

"Niola treating you right, I can tell." She says softly with a grin.

"How can you tell?" I blush and look down for a moment before my eyes snap back on hers.

"A mother knows." She smile. "So, how's Sarah?" She ask.

"Actually she's in my room." I say. Mom nods and pull me out the room, towards my room.

Aw boy, Mom fina talk our ears off. BUT we love her, and I want to hear about their little time off from us. Where did they go and what did they do?

"I love your mom." Sarah says taking off her pants we wore to the mall, and throwing on some pink and white gym shorts.

"I love her too. " I giggle and text my baby back.

From: My Nini ❤
Babyyyyy, wyd?

To: My Nini ❤
I'm talking with Sarah, and texting you.

From: My Nini ❤
I miss you so much.

"So what movie we watching?" She ask sitting on the bed, with the remote in her hand.

"Ion want to watch a movie." I say looking up from my phone.

"What you wanna do than?" She ask.

"Text my baby, and talk to you." I laugh. She roll her eyes, and turn the DVD player off but turn the game system on.

"What you gon' play?" I ask her just as I look down at my phone.

To: My Nini ❤
Awe baby, I miss you more.

From: My Nini ❤
I'm coming over tonight.

"Uncharted again." She answers. I nod and text back.

To: My Nini ❤
Spending the night?

From: My Nini ❤
I don't know. Kareem and Sameer called me over to hang and shit. We not even staying at the house we going somewhere.

To: My Nini ❤
Oh. , well at least I'll see you before you go M.I.A for a whole week.

From: My Nini ❤
I call you every night after I'm out of work. So how am I M.I.A?

To: My Nini ❤
You M.I.A physicaly baby.

He took a long time to reply, I ended up falling asleep shortly with Sarah head on my legs.

-
-Love is happening. But is Monique the only one realizing this?