Love Don't Change |Chapter 3|

Monique Lidia Perry
Detroit
1:00 p.m
Aug. 8

A few days later and I'm doing the same thing, except I'm walking around the mall with my big sister Sidney , pushing the two seat stroller with royalty, and prince in it.

"I think mama would like some perfume," Sideny says looking around the huge Pontiac mall.

"Yeah," I agree immediately. "She also need some more jewelry and a few jeans." I add.

Sidney nods and we head into a shoe store. "Daddy gave me his black card, we can spend up to $500, and you have cash right?" I ask her.

"Yeah I do." She nods looking at a pair of timberland boots.

"Timberlands are cute, but what they stand for is terrible." I say honestly.

She look up and smirk, "What they stand for preacher?" She asks amused.

"Stop smiling at me like that," I pout . "And the timberland trees is what the slaves masters hung the slaves from for display." I explain.

"What? Who taught you that?" She asks shocked.

"Grandma Betty taught mom who taught me." I shrug and say.

"I'm taking Prince timberland boots to the oven, and imma bake them." She says with a nonchalant expression before walking off. I start to laugh following behind her, with the sleeping twins.

"Thank you for today Sidney," I lean over and kiss her cheek. "I had fun." I smile gathering my bags from the floor of the car in front of me.

"I had fun with you too baby girl," she smiles and hand me a few dollars. "I'll see you on mama birthday." She says.

"Thank you." I smile and put it in my pocket before getting out . "see you." I wave at the twins. Royalty waves back but Prince to focused on his mom phone.

I carry my bags with my to the porch and knock. I would use my key, but I don't feel like it. After a few moments Sameer come to the door with a big bag of cheeto puffs.

"I thought you went to work." I say stepping in and watch him while he lock the door.

"I thought so too, until I walk in to that bitch getting robbed." He says shaking his head.

"Seriously?" I gasp. "Did you at least call the cops meer-meer?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Hellll naw, I knew the niggas robbing the place, they saw me but didn't say nun so neither did I." He shrug.

"You idiot," I whisper harshly. "When they roll back the tapes, they going too see your black ass walking out. Those white folk gon have your ass in their hands." I point out.

"I ain't think about it like that." He sighs and rub his hands through his dreads. I roll my eyes and walk towards the stairs.

"I need some new brothers." I mumble walking up the stairs and heading for my room. I throw my bags into the closet and walk back downstairs to the kitchen.

"Where mom and dad?" I whisper to myself and go in the fridge taking out dinner . "Hmmm," I hum to myself. "Buffalo wings," I mumble. I go through the cabinets looking for the Buffalo wing sauce. None.

"Sameer!" I yell. I heard him walk towards the kitchen so I look to see if we have enough packs of chicken.

"Yeah?" He asks drinking a glass of purple kool-aid.

"Hold up," I pause ." Is it some more packs of kool-aid for dinner?" I ask.

"Nah, me and Niola made the Last of it earlier." He says drinking the last sip.

"Niola?" I ask.

"Yes, the nigga that was doing the lawn." He says.

"Okay, " I trail off. "Anyways, I need a bottle of Buffalo wings sauce, some ranch and uhhh... hmmm... 3 more packs of wing dings." I say.

"What the fuck I look like?" He asks.

"You look like someone who want to eat dinner." I retort. He rolls his eyes and sigh.

"Fine," he gives in while washing his cup out. "Text me what you need, I got this girl bridge card so..." he trails off.

I shake my head and start cleaning the counters with the dish rag. 30 minutes later sameer brought me the well needed things for dinner so I got started.

Once the chicken was baking in the oven, I started on the kool-aid, and filled it with tons of ice. I made another big pitcher full of iced tea for mom and dad. After I did all of that, everyone came home. Kareem, mom, dad, and Damon.

I made plates and we all sat at the table to talk about our day. "So, how was the mall?" My dad asks me.

"It was great, the twins slept almost the whole time. I got me some more victoria secret things, bath and body works, ummm oh I bought some new Jordan's in a shoe store and a lot of pink the name brand." I boast.

My Parents stare a me with smiles plastered on each of their faces. "We love you so much Monique, you growing to be so beauitful." Mom says, I blush and look at my empty plate.

"Yeah sus," kareem adds. "You look like Sidney and dad. " he says.

"That I noticed," I nod. "Ill take the dishes, and get Damon ready for bed." I stand up.

"I'll give his bath," mom says. I nod and gather all the dirty plates, stacking them on one another while putting each cup inside one another before walking into the kitchen.

I made my dish water, and finished the dishes up before sweeping and mopping the floor. After I mopped I turn the kitchen lights off and head upstairs to my brother Kareem room.

"Kareem.." I say knocking on the door.

"Yeah?" He asks.

" Can you take me and Alaya to be my nails and hair done?" I ask.

"Hell no." He retorts.

I sigh and roll my eyes, once Kareem says no it is no because he always been told that when he was a kid to not ask after the answer was already no. "Fine." I shrug and walk back to my room.

I text my oldest brother, my mom and dads first child King.

To: King
king can you take me and my best friend to get my nails and hair done pretty please?

From: King
Nah, but diamond will.

To: King
I love you and thanks, tell her to be here at 12.

From: King
Alright and I need a favor.

To: King
What?

From: King
I need you to braid grace hair after you done.

To: King
K. GOODNIGHT

From: King
GOODNIGHT MOEMOE

I Put my phone on the charger and hop in the shower for bed. Tomorrow I can't wait for, my nails need a good ol' acrylic, and a pani. I should get my toes acrylic too. Yeah I'm gooing to do that.

-
- love your family, your tomorrow is Never promised.

Fyi royalty an prince are not twins. They just look alike so everyone call them the twins.

First!!!!!!! Follow me on sc.. I need loyal watchers. @ms.leooo