Love Don't Change |Chapter 12|

Monique Lidia Perry
Detroit
10:12 p.m
Oct. 14-15

"Stop playing, come see me." I whine into the phone.

"You such a baby, it's Monday baby. I have work tomorrow." He says sleepily.

"No," I cry out. "Please, my mom and dad not gone be back til' Saturday. Come stay the week with me." I say.

"Monique, stop allat whinin'." He groans. "I'll see you Friday baby." He says tiredly, he yawns an I close my eyes an take a deep breath.

"I want to spend time with you." I say softly.

"We will baby girl, you know I work a 5 to 9." He says and I hear him shifting through the phone.

"Niolaaaa." I sing gently.

"Yeah ma?" He asks. I hear him walking around.

"What you doing?" I ask.

"Turning off the tv in the living room." He says. "Come spend the week with me." He says.

"I can't... my brothers would be pissed and tell." I sigh.

"Damm, well I have lunch breaks at 1 everyday." He starts. "What time you get out again?"

"2:20." I whine. "We only spend time together on weekends." I say.

"Monique what you want me to do? Quit my job, get kicked on my ass?" He asks smartly with a chuckle.

"Never that." I sigh. The line goes silent for a moment before he says something.

"I miss you a whole lot baby girl. Imma call off Wednesday and I'll pick you up from school, you can tell your brothers you staying over Sarah house until Saturday, and I'll drop you off at her house on Saturday that way it'll look legit when they come pick you up." He explain.

"Or you can pick Sarah up Saturday and drop us off at the nail salon I need a fill in." I say rubbing my legs under the covers. I don't know why.

He laughs and I smirk. "You and these nail salon trips gon get on my nerve." He says. Niola take me to get my nails do a lot, and I go with him to watch him get lined up and stuff.

"Almost every Saturday." I laugh and he agree with a mhm.

" So imma see you Wednesday when I pick you up from school." He says and yawn.

"Yeah you will.. go to bed baby," I smile. "Goodnight." I speak softly.

"Goodnight." He says. We never end the call, I put the phone on my ear an listen to his slow breaths.

Niola and I have been to talking for 3 months now, his birthday this month as well. So I want to do something special for him. October 1st was royalty a prince birthday, I spent the day with them, although it was a Tuesday.

I plug my phone in and put my phone on speaker so I can continue to hear him, slowly I drifted off too.

"Girl, you be looking real happy." Sarah says as we walk into the gym.