Love Don't Change |Chapter 1|

Monique lidia Perry
Detroit
12:15 a.m
Aug. 5

Fmoi@bambino_ylo15, stop being a ghost.

I read my comments on Facebook to my recent post. Sighing, I'm bored might as well follow this dude. See what he wants.

Logging into instagram on my galaxys5, I type in what I previously was told too. My phone loads and I take another bite of my baked patatoe; with sour cream pepper and salt with a square of butter.

I look through his pictures and like them. I guess he cute or whatever. Not my type. I follow him and plug my phone on the charger before stepping out of bed to take my plate downstairs.

"Mommy, did you enjoy your food?" I ask my mom who was on the couch cradling my nephew Damon.

"Yea ma'am i did. Next time make some of that good spaghetti." She points at me.

I smile and take her dishes and the baby bottle before walking into the kitchen. My big brother Kareem standing 6'2, with his long dreads and his chocolate skin.

"Reem." I poke his butt cheek and he jumps turning around facing me with white cream all over his face. "You butthole! You at my cake." I scoff. Throwing the dishes into the sink since they are plastic.

''Man it looked so freaking good." He whines and lick his fingers.

''I hate you." I playfully glare his way and walk to the table to take a piece of his chicken from his plate.

"Gon' allin my shit." He whispers harshly pulling me backwards by my arm. We can't curse in moms house, so he better have whispered or else.

"You ate my cake!" I punch his arms. He pick me up an throw me over his shoulder, spinning around. Squealing, I try and jump down but I fail. Last option, beat him in the back. Thats exactly what I did.

"Hey hey! Stop that foolishness! This is a kitchen." Mom fussed with baby D in her arms.

"He started it." "She started it." We said in unison as he put my onto the floor. She shakes her head and pat D on his back.

"Give me my tank." I coo and walk over to mama.

"No, " mama pushes me back slightly. "Wash those dishes," she points at me. "And you, come put this baby in the crib and sweep the hallways." She point at Reem.

He nods and grab D, while I walk over to the sink and make the dish water. "So what's up with your love life?" Mom asks. She leans over the counter, her hip rested on the edge of it.

"Mom, I told you I don't want or have a boyfriend." I sigh.

"Why," she drags for a good three seconds. "What happened to that boy Tavion?" She twist her lips at me.

Sighing, I began with the glass first. "Mom, Tavion is literally gay." I say.

"No he isn't!" She scoff.

"Mom, Tavion is my mans. I clearly know stuff lots of people don't. I know he like boys, I'm the one who hooked him up with his boyfriend." I shrug.

"Baby, you are so beautiful. I just want to see you go have fun for a chance. And not with those little girls you call your friends." She points.

"Alaya and Sarah is my friends." I sigh.

"Yeah whatever," she mumbles. "Everyone not your friend, and everyone don't have your back. Especially not as much as me. Sarah, I love her though. Alaya not so much, and the other girls you talk to me about." She explains.

I love my mommy to death, and she do catch on to a lot of thing I don't realize. She warn me, but every time I hope it'll be different. In other words, I be hoping I can prove her wrong for a change.

I'm 16 years old, not a virgin with 3 older brothers; Kareem, Sameer, and King. Kareem(21) is the father of Damon, single. Sameer is (19) no kids and single. King (23) a daughter named Grace, and committed to the momma named Diamond.

I have one older sister name Sidney(22) two kids named Royalty, and Prince.

All I do is hang with my family and type on instagram. Its summer time, so nothing much to do, well not much for me except hang with friends and stuff. I barely do that so..

"You right mom." I mumble and start on the plastic dishes.

"Mhm," she nods. "I love you baby. Goodnight." She kisses my temple and leave out before I can return the goodnight.

"I don't need no boyfriend." I whisper. After I cleaned the kitchen I warmed up some peach cobbler, and put my vanilla ice cream over it.

I snatch me up a spoon and dug in. Moaning at the delicious flavors hitting my tongue. "Girl, you act like that's your last time eating." My daddy voice booms.

My eyes pop open, I hadn't even realized they we're closed. "Hey dad, you want a bowl?" I raise my naturally arched eyebrow.

"No thank you," he takes off his jacket and sigh. "What was for dinner?" He asks walking to the sink to make him a cup of water.

"Steak, baked patatoe, and brocoli." I smile proudly. I stuff my face a little more and he rubs his hands together.

"Sounds delish." He smirks at me. I smirk back and hug his side.

"Your food is in the microwave," I inform him. "Goodnight." I speak.

"Night baby girl," he smile and sip his water. "Don't forget to be woke early tomorrow." He remind me quickly. I stop in my tracks and nod.

"Yes sir." I salute, before jogging up the carpeted stairs of my home. I skip through the hall all the way to my room taking spoon fulls of my peach cobbler.

"Stop that jumping throughout the house." Kareem says walking out his room. I stick my tongue out at him, and he runs at me but I slam the door to my room an lock it.

"Aha!" I tease.

"I gotchu tomorrow." He says. His foot steps drifting from my door.

"Whatever." I call after him. "As long as I have my Peach cobbler, ion have no worries." I shrug licking the spoon before digging back in, while dancing around my room.

-