new years eve (Ethan)

unedited omg I'm sorry.
Ethan: "ugh, y/n, come on." my best friend, y/bf/n (your best friends name) said as she tried to get me to go to some stupid overrated new years eve party.

"mags, you know I'm not interested in some stupid new years eve party filled with drunk underage teenagers." I said scrolling through tumblr and shifting around on my bed.

"ppplllleeeaaassseeee," she begged hitting my arm lightly I cant go alone and I really wanna goooo."

I contemplated my choices, I didn't wanna go, but I also had no plans, which was lame.

"ok ok fine we can go to the party." she jumped up and down and immediately ran to my closet looking through my clothes telling me what I should wear.

I ended up stalling while y/bf/n got ready and just threw on my 'raise boys and girls the same way' crop top and some high waisted jeans.

"we need to go now because it will take 20 minutes to get there and I'm assuming you will wanna stop by 711 to get a slurpiee.

I placed my hand dramatically on my heart, wiping a fake tear, "you get me."

y/bf/n rolled her eyes at my excessive amount of sarcasm and walked out my front door to my car.

"why are we taking my car? youre dragging me to this party, you might as well drive."

"i plan on being extremely drunk by 12 am tonight, therefore we need to get moving."

after 20 minutes and a pit stop at 711 we finally made it to our party. in no time y/bf/n was long gone and I was left to fend for myself.

"now what's a pretty girl like you doing all alone?"

I sipped my slurpiee and turned around taking in all the characteristics of this mystery boy. he had a small whiff type style of brown hair that looked softer than my nicest blanket, green/blue/majestic eyes that captured my full attention, and the most kissable lips I've ever seen.

"um, oh yeah." I said stepping out of my trance, "my best friend has wandered off, I'm not that big in parties."

"me neither, but that doesn't mean you have to be not big on parties alone!" he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor.

"oh my god, I don't dance."

"you're not fooling me with that lame ass excuse, ya know why?"

"why?"

"that's exactly what Chad said in high school musical and he was a brilliant dancer, so dance with me."

I laughed at his joke and sat my drink down on a near by book shelf. "if my slurpiee gets spiked, you're going to buy me a new one."

"deal."

we ended up dancing for a lot longer that I had originally wanted too, but I had fun and the boy, who's name I've come to know as Ethan, seemed like a lot of fun. we ended up sitting down on  the porch stairs and talking for what seemed like years but must've only been about and hour, because the only thing that pulled us out of or conversation was the whole party counting down from 10.

"oh shit it's midnight."

"you're not Cinderella or anything right?"

"no."

"good."

and just like that as soon as everyone erupted into cheers and fireworks shot off in the distance Ethan's lips hit mine. I kissed back none the less. when he pulled away I rested my hand on his that was on my face.

"wow. that was a lot better than I expected."

"don't underestimate the sober girl." I said which earned a slight laugh from Ethan.

"deal."