MrMitch361

|| Mitch's POV ||

   It was finally time for the biggest game of the season. We're against the strongest and best school in our province, I mean second to us obviously. Since it is our biggest game of of the season not only do we get to leave class early, the teachers love us, and almost the whole school is coming to watch us.

"Mitch, it's time for you to go." My teacher said interrupting me from my thoughts. The class erupted in claps and whistles.

"See ya guys at the game!" I said as I opened the door,

"I'll be waiting in the stands Mitch, look for me!" Rebecca said, oh god not Rebecca.

   She is just kinda slightly obsessed with me, she's always at my locker, leaving me love notes, offering to do my homework, and even trying to steal my phone to put her number in. She's kind of a psychopath.

"Oh-yeah-uh see ya...." I stuttered, the class erupted in laughs and I was so embarrassed so I finally left the class.

   As I walked down the halls I saw so many posters cheering on not only our team but all of the other teams our school has. I mean what can I say Canadians love hockey!

   I then felt a small crash into my chest and a soft squeal. I looked down and saw y/n on the floor with her books all over the place. Okay don't embarrass yourself in front of her like you always do. She's just a girl that you have a huge crush on.

"Oh man, I'm really sorry y/n. I wasn't looking where I was going.." I apologized. I crouched down to help her with her books.

"Oh no it's okay, you-uh don't need to-uh apologize cause I-I wasn't paying attention." She stuttered, aw she's so cute.

"No it's my fault, I didn't see you you're just so tiny." I laughed. Then realization hit my face.

"Oh I uh-didn't mean it like that, I mean I'm not saying you're like, I mean you're not you're like-uh....." Smooth going.

   She giggled at my awkwardness, she's adorable. I went back to helping her pick up her books and we reached for the same one and our hands touched. Cliché I know...

"Well I mean I did just run into a hockey players chest so I'm not surprised I fell just by you walking." She said then her face immediately went so red. She laughed nervously and I chuckled.

"So uh-are you going to our game tonight? It's really important and probably the biggest one of the season." I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Yeah, absolutely. I've never missed a game so there's no way I would miss the most important one of the season. I'll be cheering for you guys, you know how us Canadians love hockey!" She laughed

"I know right!" I said rather loudly which made her giggle at my excitement of someone else thinking the same as me.

"Mitch! Our bus is here, let's get going!" My coach yelled, interrupting our rather nice conversation.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry for delaying you. You should be going. I'll catch up with you later." She said then running off to class, not giving me a chance to tell her it was my fault. I shook my head and laughed, y/n is something else.

|| Time Skip ||

   The score is 6-4 us, not bad but I know they can catch up. During halftime coach wanted us to go and see our friends and family for a bit and then we're back on the ice. One thing I did notice waking around was that the school we are versing has so much money but they have such a crappy rink. Some of the glass protecting the people watching the game was cracking or looked like it would fall apart, I'm not sure how the school allows it but with that much money I wouldn't be surprised if they bribed the school board to let it go. But I mean why wouldn't they just fix it I mean-

"Mitch! Hello! Snap out of it you're on!" My coach snapped at me, I think he's more stressed then us.

"Right, sorry coach." I said quickly and hopped onto the ice and started playing the hardest I've ever played hockey. This game was intense.

   The game was going well then our opponent took a slap shot and it went right passed our goalie and into the stands. The shot was so hard that it broke the glass that was already cracked and pretty weak, I heard a scream and I felt like I recognized it. I skated a little closer and saw a familiar head of h/c hair. I dropped my gloves and stick and and skated to the barrier and jumped over it.

"Omg, y/n are you okay? Actually that was a stupid question." I said frantically. Seeing all the blood and noticing her black eye and bloody and possibly broken nose.

"I uh-" she grunted from the amount of pain she was in.

"Okay shh don't talk, here let's go to the nurses office." I pulled her in for a hug but she tried to pull away.

"No you-you have a game to play." She protested

"Y/n you're more important than a hockey game. Besides someone can replace me." She tried to speak but I shushed her again.

   I quickly untied my laces and threw off my skates and picked her up bridal style and ran out of the stadium.

"Mitch you know I'm not dying right?" She said but was muffled by my jersey, it was probably stained with blood but that's not a big deal given the circumstances.

"Doesn't matter." I said quickly and finally made it to the nurses office, they took her in and while she was getting fixed up and I went to go change and get all stuff together because by now the game has either stopped or they're finishing up because 'this' happened around the end of third period.

   I was changed into my normal clothes that I was wearing earlier and went back to the nurses office and found y/n sitting on the bench outside looking at her phone.

"Hey how are you?" I asked

"I mean my fave hurts but I'm alright..." She trailed.

"Hey Mitch, thank you for you know 'coming to my rescue' " she air quoted and laughed.

   She had a black eye and a tiny bandage over her the bridge of her nose and a small cut on her brow bone. Descriptive I know.

"No problem, I-" I was interrupted by a light and sweet kiss on my cheek.

   I looked over at her and I still managed to get lost in her e/c eyes. I couldn't resist so I leaned in carefully to avoid her nose and lights kissed her on the lips. What I didn't expect was for her to kiss me back a little harder. She pulled away and winced then laughed.

"Sorry I-"

"Hey don't say sorry, I like kissing pretty girls even if they got hit in the face with a hockey puck. Because if I'm being honest you're still beautiful." Where did that come from Mitch?!

"Thank you Mitch, you're really sweet." She blushed and looked at her feet.

   She shivered a little and I could tell she was cold because she was just wearing a tank top because her sweater was covered in blood. I took off my own and gave it to her,

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, you're clearly freezing and I have another one in my bag." She then slipped it on and it was a lot bigger on her and she looked really cute in it.

"Um, y/n....Can I ask you something?" I looked over and noticed that she was snuggling into the oversized sweater.

"Yeah absolutely."

"Do you maybe want to go see a movie sometime? I mean it's okay if you don't-"

   She kissed me on the cheek again.

"I should talk more!" I joked.

   We both laughed and I grabbed her hand and squeezed it lightly. This has been one of the most interesting hockey games that I've ever played.

____