ParkerGames

|| Your POV ||

   Parker and I were sitting in the cafeteria with all of our friends like we do every lunch for the past two years of high school and everything was good.

   Parker and I are 'best friends', and I guess that's all we'll ever be. I've always had a crush on him because he genuinely cares about me, has always been there for me, he's just perfect. He makes me feel like I'm worth something and what I've been trying to ignore is that I think I've fallen in love with Parker.

"Hey y/n, what's up? You've been staring into space for the last five minutes." He chuckled and threw one of his carrots at me.

"Parker!" I then threw one back at him, we then continued being children and throwing carrots at each other.

"Okay, okay! No but seriously, what's up?" He said after picking up all the carrots and outing them into his food tray.

"It's just-I mean-I don't really-he's just" I stuttered. I really don't want to tell him 'oh yeah I was just thinking about my massive crush on you and how you will never feel the same'.

"C'mon y/n, just tell me!" He whined. Should I really tell him? I guess it's now or never.

"Can we go to our spot, cause it's kinda personal." I said shyly

"Yeah absolutely!" He exclaimed, why did he want to know so bad?

   He got up and threw out his garbage then grabbed my hand and dragged me to our tree. It was a big tree that has been here since Parker and I were little and only him and I really know how to climb it. It's about 5 feet off the ground and it's perfect for just sitting or laying because the branches are big enough. This was our spot.

   Once we reached our tree I hopped up first and sat on the branch and leaned against the tree. Parker climbed up and sat in his usual spot across from me.

"Okay, well-I-uh-I guess it's now or never.." I trailed. Parker gave me a confused look then nodded for me to continue

"Parker, I-uh don't know if you've noticed but-um I-uh I like you. I like you a lot Parker, and I kept trying to ignore it because I didn't want to ruin our friendship but I really like you." For some reason I felt kinda good after admitting my feeling for him, it felt pretty good.

"Y/n, I-uh I'm flattered and I like you too just not in that way. I'm really sorry, I know how hard it must have been to admit your feeling but I just don't feel the same. I'm so sorry y/n." He said. I could feel my heart snap in half.

"No I get it. Yeah-I mean what was I thinking? I'm so stupid ha ha..." I said quickly trying to get my words out before they fail on their own.

"No y/n-" he didn't finish because I climbed down the tree quickly and began to quickly walk back to school.

   Breathing was becoming a harder task, and keeping down the tears were even harder. As soon as I got in the school I hung my head and went straight to my locker and fumbled with my locker with my tears blocking my vision, I eventually got it and grabbed my books and bag and slipped out of school.

   I couldn't stay any longer, my heart hurts too much to go back and gave everyone.

   God you're such an idiot! Why would he like you back? You're a sister to him, that's all you ever are and ever will be.

|| One Year Later ||

"Okay, but remember when you just left school for like a whole week? You never told us what that was about." Bee asked with her head on Mitchell's lap.

   We were all sitting at the trunk of our tree, Parker sitting straight up against it and I was leaning against him with his arm over my shoulder. I interlaced our fingers and held on tightly.

"Well that was the day I first told Parker how I really felt, and shut me down. I was a heartbroken and I didn't want to come back to school.." I trailed remembering that day.

"Awe that was why? Because of me?" Parker asked.

"Yeah, but it's okay because look where we are a year later!" I said trying to pick up the mood. He leaned over and kissed my temple sweetly and then my cheek.

"You two are going to make me throw up." Graser groaned jokingly.

"Graser stop.." Stacy laughed. Graser leaned in and kissed Stacy cutely.

"Damn, we went from all being friends and losers might I say to having girlfriends. Who are we?" Mitch joked.

   We laughed and then we all looked at each other seriously and then laughed again.

   Parker looked down at me and I looked into his eyes and pecked his lips. It felt right, like it was meant to be.

____