Aeternum: Chapter Ten

Start from the beginning

"Oh that's easy," Hazel said confidently. "We just need to hold hands."

"Oh! Okay," Cole said with a nod.

"Now that we know what to do, let us hold hands and get the fuck out of here," Scott whispered as we started to hold our hands together.

On the other hand, Brandon, who was the last person on the left, persisted not to hold his right hand with Cole.

"Brandon, don't be such an asshole! Hold my hand, now!" Cole said softly.

"I won't join you," Brandon said as we heard footsteps coming from the outside.

"Brandon, come on!" Cole insisted as the footsteps sounded louder and louder.

"My decision is firm. I am not joining you guys," Brandon said seriously.

Moments later, we stopped hearing footsteps, but a female voice echoed in that filthy place saying, "Oh my goodness! I would like to see their pathetic faces again. Where is General Matthew? He should be here by now."

"Hazel, we really need to go," I insisted.

"But Brandon is still insisting to stay here," She said as the footsteps started to be heard again. This time, it was nearer than ever!

"Cole grab his hand whether he likes it or not. Hazel, you need to bring us to Sam, right now!" I ordered as Cole and Hazel nodded.

Shockingly, Odessa caught us red-handed and stopped in front of our dungeon saying, "Going somewhere? Guards, come quickly!"

"Hazel, do it now!" I shouted as hazel closed her eyes and glowing ancient letters started to float around us.

"Shit! They still are not here! Well, here is a solution," Odessa said as she grabbed the sleeping spray inside her right pocket and gave it a good shake.

"Hazel!" Cole shouted as I closed my eyes.

After that, all I heard was a hissing sound and everything started to black out.

As I slowly opened my eyes, I was surprised to see that we were in the middle of the forest! No clouds were visible and the trees were slightly dancing with the light breeze. The flow of water in a nearby stream was heard while the birds were chirping around right above me. At the moment I sat down and looked around, I saw Hazel talking to someone. I couldn't figure out who that guy was, because his back was facing me at that time. After a few seconds, my friends were all starting to wake up. They slowly sat down and rubbed their eyes. Some even stretched their arms.

"Guys, finally you woke up," Hazel said looking right at us.

As she walked towards us, the mystery guy looked back and I finally realized that it was Sam all along!

"Holy shit! I thought that we will still be trapped in that dungeon," Scott said as he widened his eyes.

"You got that right," Christopher added. "I really thought that the sleeping spray will lead us to failure."

"It doesn't matter now. What matters most is that we are all safe," I said smiling.

"Unfortunately, some of our friends are still in that dungeon," Hazel said as I widened my eyes.

I looked around and found out that Cole and Brandon were not with us!

"How did this happen? Why are Brandon and Cole not around?" I asked.

"Oh that explains everything," Christopher uttered sadly.

"What do you mean?" Hazel asked.

Christopher slowly looked at Hazel and said, "All I can remember is that Cole's hand slipped from mine just before Odessa sprayed us with the sleeping spray and that teleportation."