00012 ➳ Prowl

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

Lyn Hall's POV - 23 / 06 / 2014 : Beacon Hills 

The last time I intentionally fell asleep was two weeks ago. Since then I have been reunited with the drama that resounded around Beacon Hills, or more so Scott McCall. I once feared dying without love in my life, happiness and a smile that was actually real. Now I don't fear death, and it's not because I found those things, no it's because I'd know I died trying to protect those who actually have those things. 

I rested against the entrance to the school, a dangerous and secretive smirk pulling at my face as Derek and John graced the bottom of the steps. I smiled falsely, stepping into the embrace of one of the only family members that actually cared for me. 

"What're you doing here?" he asked, as he released me. 

"Oh you know, returning to my troublesome behaviour," my eyes flickered to the door that had been ripped from its hinges, broken glass littering the floor as spray paint marked the interior of the school. I crossed my arms, "What's a eighteen year old with a death wish going to do but have some fun." I then  shrugged before strutting into the school. 

"You know, just because this guy connected to the school's WiFi, doesn't mean he's still here." Derek said, as he too walked careless through the threshold of the school. John armed himself before following, his eyes trained on every shadow that littered the empty hallways. 

"You know just because he's an axe welding sociopath doesn't mean he'll kill everyone I know." I paused, casting a sarcastic look towards Derek. 

"Hold on." Derek whispered as I too spotted the claymore before me. John still unaware cast a nervous glance around. "You nervous makes me nervous." John said as I put my hand out, connecting with his chest as he stumbled backwards.

"It's an explosive. A claymore." I announced, as I awaited the explosion. Derek yelled 'Get down!' As I stood uncaring, the shrapnel sinking in my body as my eyes flickered downwards. 

"F*cking fantastic." With that I collapsed to the floor my fingers pressing down on my wounds. I watched practically helpless as Derek fought against the balding assassin, John knelt besides me his eyes wide as I shrugged. "Don't give me that look," I gasped for air as I pushed myself up into a sitting position. My fingers grasping the protruding metal, and with a couple more tugs the large piece of metal fell into the palm of my hand. I laughed masking the pain as Derek held baldy to the ground. 

John looked between myself and his duty before standing. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say, can and will beused against you in the court of law. You've the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one..." I watched as Peter launched himself towards Derek, throwing him effortlessly to the side. 

"No, Peter, no!" Derek cried, as I stood shakily. I shuffled towards Peter and fell on him, successfully preventing him from killing baldy before me. Peter growled, trying to shake me from his back as I held fast. 

"Oi Bald Assassin that's my debt paid," Peter's extended claw sunk into my upper arms, ripping them from his torso, as I fell to the ground with a groan the blood sweeping out onto my hand. Muted made to run away, although he was exceedingly more injured than he had originally thought and collapsed upon standing. Peter towered over him his claws slicing across his throat.