W O L F M O O N

"This book contains a lot of 'bad' words. So if you are easily offended, go fuck yourself." ― Oliver Markus.

"You only lie to two people in your life, your lover, and the police." ― Jack Nicholson.

Severe anger issues? Check. I snarled angrily; as the adrenaline coursed through my raised veins. I brought the sturdy sledgehammer down repeatedly on the battered Toyota, my lungs felt constricted as my upper body became weak the adrenaline burning fast. I grabbed my beaten-up phone and looked at the picture that had sent me on my rampage. My supposed boyfriend Luke had cheated on me. Fucking fantastic, a years relationship down the drain along with my expendable heart.

A low growl of anger blundered its way out of my chest as it began to heave up and down. My hands shook with anticipation as I sent another blow against the window, it shattered just as my heart had typically done. The tears threatened to fall as I punched relentlessly against the bruised car door. My unruly night black hair was clumped as I screamed and shook violently. Blood trickled down my knuckles as I graffitied alongside the chipped paint. Red clashing with black, blood clashing amongst other things. The distant sound of alarms made me groan, as it resembled the police's unusual siren.

My fists clenched tightly, knuckles turning white, as fingernails drew the blood from my palm. Red and blue lights illuminated my pale face as I scrapped the glass from the corners of the smashed window to obtain his wallet. Grinning smugly as the police officers face resembled my usual arrestee.  

"Hey, Jacky," I wave as he glares at me with a tired expression. "You are under arrest for Vandalism, and Defacing public property, again-" I rolled my eyes dragging my bare shoulder alongside the left side door of the truck, "you have the right to remain silent, anything you say or do may and can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you before any questioning." I mimicked him playfully as I stared at the red splattered pavement. 

Jack moved forward as I offered him my wrists, "Not too tight, I have to at least try to escape," he sighed placing the handcuffs tightly around my wrists, before pulling me away from the hood of the damaged car, and instead placed me into the back of the county's department police cruiser. "Now where's the fun in that," I groan as he steps into the driver's seat ahead of me. He shook his head before speaking into his radio that was clipped to the front pocket of his crisp and clean-cut uniform. I relaxed, a small smirk playing on my lips as the suburban township disappeared into a blurry haze. Yet another arrest, three times just this week, yet another disappointment for the county. I thought with a smug grin as I glared at my dark reflection in the streetlight lit window. 

"Can we stop by the pub, buddy?" I ask playfully as his eyes flicker up to the rear view mirror, a glare tugging at his furrowed eyebrows. "Evelyn, shut up," he muses, the back of the police cruiser swerving to drift around a corner. "I can't take you out drinking, but-" 

I laugh, holding up the cuffs and waving them around my index finger, "But we can still have some fun."

⟜ ϟ ⟢

We entered the familiar run down building, deputy's moving quick fast and purposefully as they held large handfuls of police reports, most of which had my name printed at the top as, 'Possible suspect.' I smiled at a few familiar officers, including the front desk woman who just shook her head in response. Jack held my wrists, that were bound together, firmly; as he made directed me towards the overnight holding cells to join the drunks.