00003 ➳ Fire

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

Lyn Hall's POV - 07 / 06 / 2014 : Mystic Falls 

"You know you don't have to go? Right?" Stefan asked, as he helped me pack my bags, my gut although seemed to have healed, continued to pulse sharp stings throughout my torso. 

"Yeah, I know." I mumbled, sighing as I slumped against the sofa, my hand gingerly touching the scar that was left along my skin.

"Then why are you?" Damon asked, walking into the room and slumping lazily besides me, his head resting in my lap. Too tired to move it I relaxed, my hands fidgeting with his hair.

"I can't just ignore the fact that someone I once loved, and held close to me is missing. I can't just ignore the fact that he could be in danger." I said, justifying my reasoning as I sunk further into the comfy chair. My hands running through my hair unconsciously, a nervous habit that I had developed along with this unstoppable twitch that I had suddenly gained.

"Well it looks like Miss Crazy Pants has her hero hair on today. Aye Steffy have you retired?" Damon questioned, a cheeky smile tugging at his lips.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

Lyn Hall's POV - 08 / 06 / 2014 : Mystic Falls 

"I'm not getting in there." I replied stubbornly pointing to the back of the jeep, where I would be forced to touch two other stranger. 

"It's just Malia and Kira." Stiles pointed out as I glared pointedly at Stiles, 

"No it's just the fox that aided the Nogitsune in entering your head, and another girl who I can already tell has similar psychotic urges as I do. I'm not getting in there." I finished as Klaus emerged from the house, a bored expression on his face. 

He handed me his keys, "If you crash my car I'll have you repeatedly stab yourself in the leg with a blunt chain saw." His face blank as I chuckled.

"Yeah whatever," I replied, my fingers still tapping furiously at my side as I unlocked his 1954 Mercedes -Benz. "The perks of dying, hmm," I hummed, "I'll follow you guys." I smiled, the engine roaring to life, as my hand grasped the gear shift. 

I answered my phone, half focusing on my surroundings as I trailed behind the blue jeep. "So where are we heading?" I asked, my fingers tapping the exact same rhythmic beat along the steering wheel.

"Mexico." Stiles replied, as I nodded my head, a small smile of remembrance tugging at my lips. 

"Great, Mexico's great, I know a few friends there. Hunter's though, they've tried to kill me, repeatedly. With guns, and the stabbing, torturing. Cutting my eyes out with spoons, feeding me blood with vervain and wolfsbane mixed with-in. Starving me to the point of desiccation. That's always a blast." I muttered, recalling the horrid yet unforgettable memories of being a test subject. 

"Yeah. Mexico." Stiles whispered dejectedly, his tone tainted with a hint of fear. 

"No but they're really nice people, you know when they're not trying to kill you. Which isn't often, so it's sort of a special treat." My voice slowly dying off, as the tapping consumed me.

"What really happened when you first left?" Stiles asked curiously, as I snorted. 

"Okay, well my dear father dragged me to New Orleans, where we took control of the city that he had once built. From there we travelled around the world, to England, South Africa, Australia, Canada, Russia, Green Land; sort of everywhere, I met an assortment of people, supernatural and some human. Klaus taught me how to fight, how to gain control, and more importantly how to survive. When we reached Brazil, and my dreams of Nybbas grew stronger I knew I had to return, and so I did. Traveling through Mexico in the process. During that trip I killed a lot of people, came close to dying more times than I can count. Saved a few peoples lives. I changed. And then-" I stopped gasping for air, my vision blurring as I heard Scott's muffled voice. I began to sway, my body burning with a hot wild fiery sensation. 

Black blood began to surface from the crevices in my face, the blood snaking down my body as I shook. The car swerving uncontrollable as I gripped my head, a scream ripping through the silence, as I squeezed my eyes shut. My fingers tugging at my hair, providing some resistance from the foreboding darkness that threatened to pull me away from the pain. But I fought, one hand gripping the steering wheel, the other engrossed with my hair. My vision blurred with fresh tears, my complexion pale, my stomach lurching as I pulled to the side of the road hurriedly. I jumped out, my body swaying as I stumbled forward. My vision tripled, as my outstretched hand collided with a tree. I sunk to the ground, the sun setting above me as my eyes rolled, my chest heaving. 

My body felt hot all over, my flesh burning with the fire that I held in the pit of my stomach. I ran my hands down my face releasing a soft cry of pain as blurred figures ran into my line of vision. "Evelyn?" I curled up, my arms wrapping around my knees as I trembled, sweat beading along my skin, hair flying around wildly as though electricity ran through it. My eyes where pure black, yet all I could feel was a coldness that slowly spread though my body, providing comfort as my body slumped. The tension fading quickly as a sigh escaped my lips. My breaths came out laboured, as I looked up at Scott, and Stiles who stood above me a look of apprehension on Scott's face. 

"Wh-what's wrong?" he paused, his eyebrows knitting together, as I sat still as if awaiting the verdict. Scott looked troubled, as he shared a worried glance with Stiles. 

"U-uh your-" his face scrunched up in disbelief, 

"What's wrong?" my voice shaky, as I slowly stood up, my hand touching Scott's shoulder gently shaking him. 

"Yo-your not breathing Evelyn, your not breathing." I gulped, my face scrunching up in confusion, 

"I'm sorry what?" he paused, his eyes searching mine as he uttered the words that I never wanted to hear, the words that I wished I could escape. 

"Your hearts not beating."