55 - *Christmas Special* (END)

I looked at Mum again. Maybe it would be right? No, no. I can't.
"No." I quickly and desperately pulled my Swiss Army knife from my pocket. "She won't suffer for too long. She can do it herself. It'll be over soon." My tone was very distressed.
"Tabs-"
"Besides, we wouldn't even know where to begin, right? We're not like the others in here." I placed my hands either side of his face. "Please, Seth. Don't make me kill another parent."
Seth smiled. "Tabbi. First of all, you didn't kill him. Second, you don't have to do anything you don't want to. That's what I was going to say. Do what you think is right, okay?"
I nodded and flashed a small smile for about half a second, before breathing deeply and turning back to Mum.
"Mum." I walked over to her, and she looked up at me.
"You aren't real!" She yelled. "Demon! Demon!"
I threw the knife down beside her.
"Oh God..." I muttered. "Seth, please go outside. I don't want you to see what I have to do. I don't want you to think ill of me."
"I'd never." He said before I heard his footsteps walking away. Once I heard the door open and close again, I turned to make sure he'd really gone before commencing.
I made the angriest face I could - the kind of expression you'd expect from a vengeful spirit - and made my voice as furious as I could.
"You're the reason I'm dead." I changed to a sad, tragically fated spirit, "how could you let me die? How could you do this to me?"
"Stop! Stop it!" It pained me deeply to hear her agonising shouts and cries. But I had to do this.
"No!" I yelled! "You killed me!"
"No! No!"
"Yes!" I squeezed my eyes shut and screamed at the top of my lungs, "you killed your own daughter!"
I managed to convey the anger and devastation a child killed by their parents might feel, but without really meaning it at all.
When I opened my eyes, I saw Mum grab the Swiss Army knife, and the way she killed herself reminded me of Mary. She flicked on of the blades out and rather than slashing at herself, she instead stabbed herself in various places. That was the only difference between her death and Mary's death; the rest was the same: the wailing, and the random, frantic stabs. Her wig fell off as she shook her head around. I couldn't look after about thirty seconds, and called Seth back in.
"Seth!"
He came rushing in, and pulled me into him as soon as he got to me. I buried my head into his chest, trying not to listen to Mum. Eventually, she bled enough to kill her. When the wails stopped and there was a thud, Seth and I both looked back over to Mum. I walked over slowly, biting my lip. I leaned down beside her, kissed her on the cheek and closed her eyes. I hoped that she would be herself again.
I looked up to the sky and muttered, "please, please, please!" With my fingers crossed. There was no point in putting my hands together and making it a prayer; if it was God up there and not another witch, he wasn't listening. He wasn't caring.
Seth stood over me whilst I stared down at Mum. He knelt and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, kissing my cheek and then resting his chin on my shoulder. We stayed like that, silent, for about five minutes. It was as though time had stopped, until Elias started to shout, his voice getting closer with every shout.
"Tabbi! Tabitha! Seth!" He shouted. We heard him opening and closing doors.
"There you are!" He finally got to the room we were in, and Seth removed himself from me so we could both turn to face him.
"What's up, Eli?" Seth asked.
"Tabitha, it's your Mum. She's downstairs, in the Dining Room. She's okay!"
I breathed a huge sigh of relief before I laughed happily. We all smiled like Cheshire Cats at one another, before Seth hugged me and we both jumped up and down. Elias hugged me and span me around, before preparing to run back downstairs.
"Come on!" He gestured for us to leave.
"Um, Elias..." Seth's mellow tone made us both face him, wondering why he suddenly wasn't excited. "Give us a moment, will you, please?"
"Oh." Elias still wasn't comfortable with our relationship, and his body language proved it. "Yeah, sure."
Elias smiled at me before bounding away.
"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned.
"First of all, are you ready to deal with your Mum's confusion?"
"Yes." I nodded, smiling to reassure him.
"Secondly, whilst you asked me to leave, I decided to take the opportunity to go pick this up from your room." He pulled a little box from his pocket. "And, er, don't worry. It's not more jewellery. I realised that was probably gonna get annoying, and I didn't know what else to get at the moment."
I squinted my eyes at him, confused, and took the box. I opened it, and small, silver key lay in the cushioned box.
"What's this for?"
"A key to the place I stay at. If you don't want to stay there with me, that's fine, but you can still keep the key, so you can come round any time you like." He looked around the room. "But I do feel like I'll be spending a lot more time here because of you. Thank you for being you, Tabbi. And merry Christmas."
I felt like I was going to tear up. Grinning, I kissed his cheek. "Merry Christmas to you too."

When we got downstairs, Mum was sitting at the Dining Room table sipping tea, a plate of Spanish sweets in front of her. Elias sat with her, and they were chatting away. 
Elias spotted us and motioned for us to sit. "Tabs, Seth, sit down and try some! I made these. They're still not as good as the ones Letta makes, but I'm pretty proud of them. I-"
Seth held a finger up to his lips. "Eli, shh."
Elias sunk back in his seat, blushing, whilst Seth took a seat beside him.
"Hey, Mum."
She smiled at me. "Hey, baby. Elias has explained everything."
"And you feel better now?" I asked in a soft voice.
"I do." She stood and walked over to me, pulling me into a tight hug. "Thank you, Tabs. I'm proud of you. For everything."
I wrapped my arms around her, glad beyond words that she was here and happy.
"Welcome to the family, Rachel." Analetta had snook into the dining room.
Everyone turned to her, but her eyes were fixed on me. She flashed me her witchy, mischievous grin, and winked.

I had definitely made the right decision.