24

I screamed as loud as I could: "I love him!"
My eyes widened, and I saw Elias gulp, and tears appeared in his eyes. "Really?" There was no emotion evident in his voice.
I nodded, biting my bottom lip. I hadn't told Seth, or even let myself believe it until this moment.
"Did he know?"
I shook my head, biting my lip a little harder.
"Oh."
"That's all you're gonna say? No apology?" I shouted, pulling him forward slightly and slamming him against the wall again.
"I'm sorry!" He shouted. "I really am. But you won't believe me!"
I ignored him, letting go and standing back. I shifted my gaze to the floor and pointed to the door. "Get the fuck out. I never want to speak to you ever again."
"Tabitha-"
"Get out!" I yelled.

I cried myself to sleep that night. My heart ached worse than it ever had before. It was even worse than the night I found out how evil my Father was, and that was painful.

"I heard you crying last night. I just want to apologise. I've been kept from my greatest desires for so long, I just couldn't help myself."
Kyle was waiting outside of my bedroom door when I left my bedroom, at 1PM.
"It wasn't that." I forced a smile, and it hurt to do so.
"Really?" He looked shocked.
"Yeah. It was something else completely."
"Talk to me." He tapped his chest with both hands.
"If I could, I'd laugh right now."
"What?" He made an offended expression. "You can confide in me."
"Again, if I could, I would." I grinned playfully.
"You're talking to me." He grabbed my arm and pulled me to a small sitting room. "One of my favourite rooms."
I explained to him what had happened, crying uncontrollably in the process, causing Kyle to put an (uncomfortable) arm around my shoulders.
"Even I think that's too awful a thing to do." Kyle stated when I'd finished. "I'm really sorry, sweetheart. I had no idea you were in love with him."
"Nobody did. Even I didn't, really. I wouldn't accept it. It hit me that there was no changing my feelings just yesterday."
"If you ever feel the need for some revenge, come straight to me." He winked. "Oh, if Elias speaks to you by the way, come talk to me before getting angry or upset. You'll understand, if he tells you."

"Tabitha, I don't care that you don't want to speak to me. I have to talk to you." Elias grabbed me by the shoulders as I was about to walk to town.
"Get off me. You're nothing to me now."
"Don't say that!" He stomped on the ground. "Just listen."
I hesitated. "You've got five minutes to explain."
"Thank you." He let go. "I was jealous of how close you were getting. I love you, Tabitha, and I couldn't handle the fact that he was getting in the way of you loving me back."
I was about to start shouting, but he put a hand over my mouth.
"No. Listen. He's poisonous, Tabbi. You need to understand. He's dangerous, and he doesn't care what happens to you. You'd only end up getting hurt. This is way better for you."
I bit his hand as hard as I could, but he didn't move it.
"I know you're angry and upset-"
What an understatement.
"-but you'll understand one day. You'll thank me one day. Your blood is probably boiling now I've said that, but it's true. I need to tell you something."
Was this what Kyle was talking about?
"So, you know that I hate Kyle. You also know something worse happened than what I told you. That's what you need to know. You won't love him then, and we can be happy without him here. After our fight, Seth got really angry with me. Long story short, he ordered Kyle to make me suffer. That included beating me...and raping me."
What?

"Oh, sugar, didn't expect to see you here." Kyle sat down across from me at the café.
"Yeah. I needed some fresh air, and a coffee."
"How are you feeling?" He had a look of pity on his face, which irritated me.
"Not so good. Especially since..."
"Since?" He raised an eyebrow, and took a sip of his iced tea.
"Elias spoke to me. At the time I refused to believe it, I shoved him away and called him a dirty liar. But it makes sense. I need you to tell me what really happened."
"I understand." Kyle nodded. "What, exactly, did Elias say?"
"That Seth got angry with him after their fight, and got you to beat and rape Elias."
"I thought as much. Yeah, that isn't what really happened."
"So Seth is still the Seth I know?" I couldn't help but smile.
"Wait a second there, doll face. You might not like what he did, still."
"Oh." My smile faded as quickly as it had appeared.
"Seth did want me to do something. But the exact words he used were: 'scare Elias.' He also specified that he didn't want me to do any lasting damage to him emotionally, and he didn't want me to physically harm him. Just scare him, since he knew that I was the resident Elias was most afraid of."
"Oh."
"And of course, being me, I took the opportunity to hurt someone and put the blame on somebody else." He said it so casually, and with such a proud grin that it made me feel like throwing up.
"I guess it's not that bad." I smiled. "I'm sorry Elias went through that, but at least it wasn't Seth's fault entirely, after all."
"Oh, and Elias did some fucked up shit to Seth, too. Before what happened between me and Elias."
"What did he do?" I growled and tightened my grip on my coffee cup. I was angry at the fact that Elias had done something awful to Seth, and still had the cheek to try and turn me against him.
"Turned Kimberly against Seth for a while, made her hate him and adopt Elias as a brother. They still have that bond, but things got better between Seth and Kim again, thankfully. But Elias made Seth feel like nothing. Plus, he knew that Kimberly was the most important thing to Seth at that time. I'm not so sure now, though." He narrowed his eyes at me, and I took it as a sick joke.
"You're sick. I'm hurting, and you're making jokes about him being gone?!" I stormed out of the café, leaving my coffee behind.

I caught Elias on the way to my bedroom. All I wanted to do was sleep and cry.
"Elias, you really are a dirty liar! Kyle told me everything."
"Tabitha, before you start fighting with me again, Analetta is here to see you. The witch who put the curse on the mansion."