29

"What did you just say?" Doctor Carver stared at me, his mouth wide open.
"I said because Seth's back. So I can see his past now?" I knew it wasn't believable.
"She's going to try to sabotage it! I knew I shouldn't have trusted a witch, to be fair..." He banged his fist on the table, making me jump.
"Tabitha, who's this man?" I heard my Mum's voice behind me, and turned to see her ordering coffee. Kyle stood beside her, smirking at me.
"Oh." I was sure I turned slightly red. "My history teacher. He saw me and thought he may as well see how I'm doing. Getting used to the new school and stuff."
She narrowed her eyes a little. "Right. That doesn't explain his aggressive behaviour. Tabbi, you're in no trouble. Is he harassing you?"
"Uh..." I turned to Will and gave him a cocky smile. "Yeah. He just came over, I don't know him at all."
"Get out, you pervert." Kyle grabbed Carver and dragged him out of the café. I guessed it was the perfect opportunity for Kyle to talk to him about the conversation we'd just been having.
"See? Do you feel bad about being horrible to him the other day now?" Mum pointed to the heated argument taking place outside. I assumed Carver wasn't happy that Kyle had known about Analetta.
"No." I shrugged. "He's just not a nice guy."
"How would you know that? Stop being so difficult, please." She rolled her eyes and went to carry two mugs of coffee to a table.
"I'll see you later." I said, walking out. I walked straight in between Kyle and Doctor Carver. "Stop."
"He knew about this!" Doctor Carver pointed at Kyle and stared at m, growling as though it was my fault, "he knew."
"Well, there's nothing we can do about it now, is there?"
Doctor Carver continued to stare at me for a few moments whilst Kyle grinned widely. Finally, William stomped his foot on the ground and dragged me away. He dragged me all the way to the Meeting House, and pushed me inside.
"Quickly." He pointed to all of the precious items. "Touch them all. Do it!"
"I-"
"Do as I say." He locked the doors, and everything turned pitch black. I heard something like metal scraping along the ground, slowly getting closer to me. "Or I'll cut something off of you."
I started to breathe heavily, but I didn't speak a word. I didn't dare to move.
"Get on with it. You know I'm entirely capable of doing something unpleasant to you." The scraping suddenly stopped. I darted my head around for a few seconds, trying to find some sort of light just so I didn't feel completely blind. But then, a candle flame appeared in front of me. Doctor Carver had lit a candle on the table, and he was stood just in front of it, a machete in his left hand. I whimpered when I saw it, but I turned around immediately, grabbing the first item I could get my hands on.

The usual happened: blurry vision; black all around me; blurry vision; then the scene. I'd chosen Liz's item.

"I have to do it..." She sat on the bed sobbing. "I can't leave him alone...damn that witch bitch, sacrificing my darling husband..."
I watched her set the piece of paper along her lap, smoothing out the wrinkles as much as she could. It broke my heart, watching her sob and try to deny what she really knew was the truth; that her husband was unfaithful. That she really wanted to take her own life because her one true love had hurt her in the worst way possible. I let a tear roll down my cheek as she lifted the blade. There was a deep look of regret in her eyes as she stared at the blade, but she finally gave a small smile and nodded. I cringed as she slit her wrist, and she screamed out in pain. Nevertheless, she wiped up the first stream of blood with her opposite index finger, and proceeded to draw a heart on the paper. She cried harder than ever, throwing the blade away. She then picked up the gun, and I let more tears escape my tear ducts when she cried out: "I love you!" Before shooting herself in the head. I covered my mouth at the sight of her brains painting the wall as she slumped backwards.
"I'm so sorry." I whispered.
Before I knew it, I was back in the Meeting House, and I sat on the floor, shaking. I threw Elizabeth's item away from me, and noticed that it was a pearl bracelet. I could only guess that it was a gift from her husband.
"Good, good..." Carver muttered. "Now, another one!"
"I don't think I can."
"Another one!" He started taking small steps towards me, so I screeched and grabbed another item.

"Who's next?" I muttered to myself as I stood in the darkness. I shivered at the thought of it being Seth's death...I knew that would be the most difficult scene for me to watch.
"Please not Seth..." I muttered a few times over. I squeezed my eyes shut and held my breath. When I opened my eyes, I screamed, "no!"
I was in the basement, and there were three people, all sat on chairs with bags over their heads. They were all shouting and sobbing, and I heard a cough from beside me. I turned to see Seth's Father messing with the camera. I turned to look at Seth and immediately started crying. "Please, not Seth." I didn't know to whom I was begging, but I was desperate. I didn't want to see the boy I loved being murdered, especially by his own Dad. I bit my lip until it bled whilst I cried. I watched Seth's Dad walk over to the first chair. He pulled the bag off the head of the person sat there and-
"No." I dropped to the floor, my knees completely giving out. I stared in horror, shaking.
Seth sat there, a look of absolute terror on his face.