22 - *Halloween Special* (Part Three)

I took Kyle's hand and felt physically sick. Thankfully, the watch was on his other wrist, so I didn't have to worry about accidentally touching it and reliving that nightmare again.
"Okay, I have a plan." He whispered. "If he doesn't agree to it still, just pounce on him and touch the ring. Sound good?"
"Not really." I suppressed a laugh, as he sounded serious.
"You're no fun." I saw the right side of his lip turn up. "We need to be quiet for two reasons. The first reason is that April might be sleeping. The second reason is that they get scared easily. We don't want you sca-"
I screamed as my left foot went through the floor. Kyle groaned and pulled me up. "Be careful! Watch my feet and follow." He hissed.
"Who's there?" A male voice yelled. "Who was that?"
A male figure appeared in front of us.
"Peter! Nice to see you." Kyle smiled widely.
Ignoring Kyle's greeting, Peter looked at me. "Who's this?"
"Tabitha. A current resident."
"The Saviour, right?" He didn't sound to thrilled.
"Uh, yeah." Kyle suddenly grabbed me and thrust me forward. "Get him!"
"What the Heck?!" Peter yelled, stumbling backwards, leaving me to fall face first onto the ground.
"Kyle! What do you think you're doing?! The floor isn't safe!" I yelled. Then I realised that Peter was in a vulnerable position, and leaped. I fell on top of him, and without thinking, I grabbed the ring.

When I was in the dark place, I tried to reassure myself. "It shouldn't be too bad. All I'll see his him being hanged."

Before I knew it, I was by the Gallows.
"Peter Smith, you will be hanged for the murder of 29 people, possibly more. Do you have any final words?"
"I'm just glad to be free of that house." He shouted louder, "it's evil!"
"A warning." I stated.
People started shouting abuse at Peter and chanting something indistinguishable.
I saw the executioner pull a lever, and Peter dropped. My vision went blurry soon after.

"I have to admit, that wasn't so bad." Carefully, I pushed myself up off the floor when I was back.
"Well done, sugar!" Kyle celebrated by jumping around. "Let's go." He grabbed my arm, but Peter stopped me.
"Why did you do that?!" He began to cry. "Why?!"
"Sorry. There are some people in this house that really need to move on."
Peter threw me to the ground.
"Hey!" Kyle shouted and grabbed Peter.
I heard the floor creaking below me and couldn't get up, due to the tackle taking place above me.
"Shit." I squealed, before falling through the floor.
"Sweetheart?" Kyle yelled.
I tried to say I was okay, but no sound came out of my mouth. I was winded.
"I'm coming down."
"Stay down there." I heard Peter's footsteps moving further back into his room.
Kyle swung down and landed at my feet.
"I know you dislike me-" I would've laughed if I could. "-and you hated having to hold my hand, but I'm gonna carry you to your room."

I shuddered, even though it had been 3 hours since I had been so close to Kyle. It was sickening, and the terrors of that night kept popping back into my mind, as well as his horrific past.
"Can I actually do this?" I muttered, thinking about Danielle's death.
"That's what I've been thinking." Elias invited himself into my room, shuffling closer nervously. "I'm sorry I've been so distant, Tabbi."
I didn't say anything. I wasn't about to turn down his apology and act like everything was alright when he'd been making me feel terrible.
"Say something." His voice raised and he stomped the floor with his left foot. Seth was right, always calling him childish. "I want to make it up to you. I'm really sorry."
"You'll just act like that again, anyway, though." I sighed.
"I won't. I promise."
Of course you won't. I thought in a sarcastic tone.
"I really won't."
"Okay. Forgiven." I forced a smile, though feeling uncomfortable.
"You won't regret forgiving me." He smiled broadly and threw his arms around me, losing traces all of his nervousness.
"I hope not." I said.
"You won't." He didn't even flinch at my words.
"Mum's throwing a Halloween party, and Kyle has something planned. I'm not sure what, but I'm worried."

Halloween rolled around, and I was a mixture of excited and terrified. Over the past two weeks, I'd spent more time with Seth than Elias. Halloween morning, I woke up to Elias beside my bed.
"Good morning. I have to tell you something." He grinned.
"Hi, Elias..." I yawned. "What is it?"
"Okay, I need to make sure you're fully awake for this."
"I'm awake!" I sat up immediately, starting to worry. "What is it?"
"Nothing to worry about. I hope, anyway." He stood and sat beside me on the bed. "Okay. Alright." He breathed deeply, taking my hands in his. "Tabitha, I can't let you fulfil your tasks as Saviour. Definitely not now."
"Why? What's happened?"
"I...I'm in love with you." He squeezed his eyes shut, and I could feel his hands shaking.
"Wow." Was all I could manage. "Wow."
"Wow in a good way, or a bad way?" He didn't open his eyes to speak.
"Elias..."
"Please say you feel the same." His voice was progressively getting more scared.
There was a pause, and I knew I had to say it.