15

"Oh, Elias. Since you're so adamant she isn't the Saviour, I'm glad you're here to see this."
"No!" Elias shouted and ran down the stairs, but it was too late. Kyle forced the watch into my hand. Like when I had held the drawing, my vision went blurry, and I saw Elias grab Doctor Carver. Seth leaned over me, but then everything went black.

"The entrance again." I stated, holding my head when I regained my vision. "Oh no. Kyle's watch..." I murmured. I didn't want to experience Kyle's story.
"Begging never does any good. I don't know why they all do it." I heard Kyle's voice at the top of the stairs, and saw a much younger looking version of him dragging the body of a woman. I felt sick, as I'd never seen a corpse before, and it was dragged down the stairs and then right past me so disrespectfully it made my mouth open in shock. Nevertheless, I followed Kyle.
"Bastard!" I screamed. "You sick bastard!"
We stopped in the kitchen. The same kitchen that my Mother used in the present to cook us both food. I closed my eyes when I saw Kyle grab a large butcher's knife. I couldn't help crying when I heard the knife slamming into the woman's body as Kyle whistled to himself.
"Stop!" I screamed, covering my ears and squeezing my eyes shut. Before long he was frying the breast, as I'd read on the website, and - though I'd read somewhere that human flesh was indistinguishable from other meats - the smell was foul, as I knew it human meat. All of a sudden, I heard a loud bang and a thud. I opened my eyes, seeing Kyle on the floor beside the many pieces of the prostitute. I looked up to see a man with a large frying pan in his hand staring down at Kyle, and he began to sob.
"You bastard..." He sobbed.

My vision went black again. I was expecting to be back in the present, but I was instead in a prison cell with Kyle. There was another man (his cellmate) leaning over him.
"What's up with you?" The cellmate grunted.
"I think...I'm having a heart attack..." Kyle had his hand on his chest and his face crumpled in pain.
"Oh, God..." The cellmate jumped up. "Hey! Hurry, come 'ere, Kyle's havin' a heart attack!" He shouted.
"I'm...going to...die..." Kyle breathed.
"Not if they hurry up." The cellmate banged his fists on the cell door. "Hey! He's havin' a heart attack!"
"What's all this about?" An aggressive voice came from the other side of the door, and eyes appeared in the small window towards the top of the door. "Holy shit."
There was a little more shouting before the door opened and two officers ran in. One held the cellmate against the wall so that he couldn't escape, whilst the other grabbed Kyle.
"We'll need an ambulance!" The officer holding the cellmate called.

My vision went black again, before I was in a private hospital room with Kyle, the officer that had aided him, and a doctor.
"Bastards like you don't deserve to live at all." The officer spat at Kyle. "Here." The officer handed the doctor a seemingly large amount of money, tied with a piece of string. "You sure it's undetectable?"
"Yes." The doctor looked at the door before taking the money from the impatient officer, who was tapping his foot on the ground, staring at the sleeping Kyle.
"And it's painful?" There was a hint of excitement in the officer's voice.
"Very much so." The doctor grinned. He took a syringe and a vial of something from his pocket, again looking at the door, before filling the syringe. I watched as he injected Kyle with whatever it was in the syringe, and the impatient officer began to bite his nails.
"It will take about 6 hours for the symptoms to start, so we'll be able to avoid any suspicion. This amount of ricin should kill him within around 8 hours, I'd say." The doctor started to walk towards the door and placed a hand on the officer's shoulder. "Remember, we were in this together. I won't get into any trouble-"
"No. You won't. I'll forget this was illegal, but I won't forget watching him suffer, knowing it was our doing." The officer smiled down at Kyle.

My vision went black once more, and I began to feel sick. When my vision returned this time, I was still in the hospital room, but there were nurses and more officers as well as the two who were here previously. Kyle was sat up and awake, vomiting.
"It hurts so much." He moaned. "What's happening?"
"We don't know. We're going to find out." A nurse tried to reassure him as she held a bucket beneath his head.
I saw the doctor and the officer exchange a look of humour, but it quickly faded, so as not to arouse suspicion.
"It hurts! I want it to stop!" Kyle screamed and vomited again.
A nurse grabbed the doctor by the arm, pulling him closer to me so she could snap at him.
"Doctor, what's happening? What can we do? He won't stop throwing up and he's telling me his stomach hurts more than anything has ever hurt him before."
"Ask the officers what he's eaten in the past twenty four hours."
"He's got a high fever and the vomiting is way too extreme to simply be food poisoning." The nurse looked over at Kyle. "Just look at him, for God's sake!"
"Do as I ask." The doctor demanded, and the nurse sighed and went to speak with the officers.
"I...can't...breathe!" Kyle panted. "Chest...being...squeezed..." He rubbed his throat. "Can't..." He began taking quick, short breaths.

A few moments later, Kyle fell backwards onto the bed. Nurses and officers were frantically asking one another: 'what happened?' Or 'how?' As the doctor pronounced Kyle dead. My vision went black again, and I didn't feel too keen to return to the present.