36

Carver came running towards us, a bat in his right hand and something else that I couldn't make out in his left.
"Shit." Seth staggered to his feet, but before he could do anything, Carver whacked him over the head. Seth fell to the floor, and I screamed and jumped up.
"He's already dead. Why are you screaming?"
"You still hurt him!"
Carver stopped to catch his breath. When he looked back up and saw me still standing in the same place, he looked really confused.
"Why aren't you running?"
I gulped. I didn't know what to tell him; I couldn't let Carver know the truth. I couldn't let him know that I wanted to see everyone's past, out of respect.
"No matter." He finally spoke again. "So long as you see this."
Before I could ask who's item it was, William forced the ring into my hand. I looked at the ring once I was in the darkness, and it looked like a wedding ring. Carved into it were the words: Forever, my Abigail.
My stomach turned.

Alexander ripped the bag off Abigail's head. Since I didn't do these in order, both Seth and Kimberly were already dead, their bodies slumped back in their chairs. Upon getting a glimpse of Seth's body, I teared up. His scene and today's visit played in my mind. But I wasn't looking at Seth for very long, as Alexander ripped the bag and gag off of Abigail, who immediately started to scream and wail.
"My babies!" She yelled. "My babies..."
When she tried to turn her head away, Alexander yanked her head back to face her children. "Look at them! Look at our children." He growled.
"Why?!" She sobbed.
"Open your eyes! You did this. This is your fault."
"No!" She screamed, and I could almost hear her vocal chords shredding.
"Yes! If you weren't going to leave...if you'd protected them...it's your fault."
"It isn't! I wasn't!" She didn't beg for her life. Instead, she requested he kill her. "Please, just kill me."
"Any last words?" He prepared the blade, pressing it against her neck.
She coughed a little, before laughing through her tears. "I hope you and your tiny cock burn in Hell."
Alexander's eyes filled with rage, and he slit her throat.

"Five to go..." Carver mumbled. "Just five!"
I threw the ring away from me as soon as I heard Carver's voice.
"You won't find them, Will." Seth rubbed his head and walked over to me. "Trust me, Tabbi, he won't."
"I will, and I swear I will do it soon! Sooner than you come up with a good enough plan to get young Tabitha out of here." Carver chuckled to himself as he walked away from us. Seth tried to dart towards Carver, but I held him back.
I kept my hands pressed against his chest before he finally stopped resisting. "No. I need to discuss something with you."
"Tabitha, your tone is worrying me."
I sat down on the ground once more and motioned for him to join me. When he did - an expression of suspicion on his face the whole time - I opened my mouth to speak, but not before Seth reached for the ring.
"Sorry, I didn't want it to go missing."
"Ah, sorry." I went red.
"No, no. I understand. You can't keep hold of them." He gave me his calm, adorable smile.
"A-anyway..." I stammered. "Seth. I...I want you to get me the items back."
Seth groaned and pressed his face into his knees. "I was worried you were going to say that."
"Not to be the Saviour, though."
He looked up at me, and I could see rage in his expression. However, he still spoke calmly. "Then, why?"
"Out of respect." I gave him a small smile and his expression softened a tiny bit.
"It'll make you more vulnerable." His anger was becoming more apparent in his voice. "It'll make Carver able to- to do what he wants."
"I know. But I want to do it."
"It's your decision." He turned away from me, almost in the same way he had when he was talking to his Dad. That made my heart sting; it felt as though a needle had been rammed into it. Angry that he would be annoyed at me making a decision for myself, I decided to snap at him.
"Yep. It is. And I'm not changing my mind." I crossed my arms and turned the opposite way.
"Don't you realise what you're doing? You're not just hurting yourself by doing this, you know." He snapped back.
"Pretty sure I am. You're already dead; why does it matter to you?"
"Because I care about you!"
Both of our voices were getting louder. "Maybe you should just stop, then."
"Maybe I should!" Everything was silent for a moment. I felt tears forming in my eyes at his harsh words; I hadn't really meant it.
"Oh, and here. That's what I had for you." He stood and threw a little box down beside me. I contemplated calling him back, but instead I just picked up the box.
Opening it, I immediately started bawling. It was a beautiful little bracelet, with two letter charms amidst the other random red charms: one a 'T', the other an 'S'.
"Just friends..." This time, I said it out loud. I had to get myself to believe it. The more Seth did and the more he spoke to me, the more I convinced myself that he felt the same. But he didn't. He wouldn't. Not now, at least, after what had just taken place. But then I noticed something. One of the charms was a little heart with an arrow going through it. What was he trying to do to me?

An even greater question, however: what was it with guys and giving me jewellery?